Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jahnplay Posts: 83, Reputation: -1

Dec 10, 2006, 10:49 PM
    Starting conversations with girl
    OK there is girl that is 16 years old I think at school I am 17 and she started likeing me like a week ago. She is the one who started talking by saying hi or hey when she sees me on the bus or hallway I like her too. On the bus I always sit at the back seat and she turns her head around something's to me and smiles and look forward but I don't know what to do to be a friend with her does anyone got a tip on what to do?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2006, 11:06 PM
    Next time you get on the bus don't go to the back of the bus. Sit in a seat that would be close to where she sits. That is enough at this time to let her know that you are interested in her.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2006, 11:18 PM
    Next time you see her, you be the first to say hello. Then make conversation... Ask her what she does after school or on weekends (or if you know of something better that you'd like to use). That will strike up a conversation and it will take off from there. It's that simple... After you break the ice, the rest is a piece of cake.

Dec 10, 2006, 11:27 PM
    Thanks I will try it tomorrow
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 11, 2006, 07:07 AM
    Ask her about herself, her likes, what she does in her spare time, what classes she likes, etc. Get her talking about herself and LISTEN. You will find it pretty easy to go on from there.

P.S. Please remember that we volunteer our time here to help others. Your question will be answered as fast as it is seen by someone who can and wants to answer. Asking for a fast answer is not going to speed things up and may even turn people off to helping as being rude. Also, the purpose of the subject line is to help attract people who can help by giving a brief description of the question. A subject like (starting conversations with girl) would have been a better subject line.
    colonel000036 Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Dec 11, 2006, 02:56 PM
    Get her a Christmas ornament. Something cute. Give her a card. Write something nice inside. Make it memorable. Don't forget your phone number and shirt size on the inside. Why the shirt size? I don't know. It may be a good ice breaker. Then you can ask her what size ring she wears, wrist , anklet, ear, see where I am going?

Good luck. Treat her right! James

Dec 11, 2006, 03:41 PM
    Thanks I will try to do that later on because this is the first day to talk together we talked and she already knows my name and then she tolled me her name. I asked what she did at school today and other stuff thanks. I will try all I can to know her

Dec 11, 2006, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by colonel000036
    Get her a Christmas ornament. Something cute....
    I really disagree with this answer. Getting gifts asking for things like sizes etc is bribery. Its going way to far and way to fast. A teenage boy should not be giving gifts to someone until they start dating. The advice sends the wrong message or materialism. Giving gifts should be an expression of affection not bribery to get to know someone better.

Dec 11, 2006, 06:09 PM
    Get her a Christmas ornament. Something cute....
    I really disagree with this answer. Getting gifts asking for things like sizes etc is bribery. Its going way to far and way to fast. A teenage boy should not be giving gifts to someone until they start dating. The advice sends the wrong message or materialism. Giving gifts should be an expression of affection not bribery to get to know someone better. ESPECIALLY at this young age.

Quote Originally Posted by jahnplay
    thanks i will try to do that later on becouse this is the first day to talk together we talked and she already knows my name and then she tolled me her name. i asked what she did at school today and other stuff thanks. i will try all i can to know her
    Jahn,

Sounds like things are proceeding nicely, take it easy, by the end of the week you should be able to ask her for a date. What might be nice is to take her to a tree lighting ceremony in your town if one is scheduled.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2006, 07:12 PM
    Small talk is the way to go. Keep it light. Discuss classes, the weather, holiday plans. Anything of interest to the two of you as students at the same high school and as two young people from the same town. Maybe give her a call in the middle of christmas vacation just to say hi and see how she is. Don't get too romantic too soon or you'll most likely blow it. Light-hearted flirtatious humor is what you want.

Dec 11, 2006, 07:49 PM
    Yes well problem is I don't have a car to drive anywhere

Dec 12, 2006, 06:32 AM
    Depending on where you live, that may not be a great impediment. I didn't get my drivers license until I was 21 because where I lived had a great public transportation system.

Talk to your parents, they may be willing to drop you and the girl off at the mall or whatever. And, last I heard, walking still worked as a mode of transportation ;)
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2006, 06:35 AM
    walking still worked as a mode of transportation
    Sooooo 20th century :rolleyes:

Dec 12, 2006, 12:35 PM
    Well she lives really near me like 5 houses away from me

Dec 12, 2006, 12:38 PM
    That works nicely.

Dec 12, 2006, 02:53 PM
    Her birthday is coming up what should I get a flower?

Dec 12, 2006, 06:10 PM
    I understand about the materialistic aspect and the negativity this could bring, however it 'tis the season. Right? I am not talking about a whole tree. One ornament would be a reminder of who you are and every time she sees it on the tree she will think of you. This may not be a bad thing. It is also a nice thing to do. Is that so wrong?

Dec 12, 2006, 06:12 PM
    Shoot this is perfect. If you know it is her birthday then you have an excuse. I don't think think that would be sending the wrong message as another postee stated.

Dec 13, 2006, 06:17 AM
    I understand about the materialistic aspect and the negativity this could bring, however it 'tis the season. Right? I am not talking about a whole tree. One ornament would be a reminder of who you are and every time she sees it on the tree she will think of you. This may not be a bad thing. It is also a nice thing to do. Is that so wrong?
    Ahh I see where you are coming from here. Using the season to help her remember him. Ok I read it a bit wrong. (see below)

Quote Originally Posted by jahnplay
    her birthday is comming up what should i get a flower?
    Here I agree with Colonel, this gives you a good excuse to get her something to remember you by. I wouldn't go with a flower unless it's a silk one that doesn't die. If you know she likes stuffed or plush animals, you can get a small one inexpensively. Another idea is one of the musical cards that plays a tune when you open it.

I do think you should make it cute and inexpensive (under $10). Do you know her friends? Maybe they can help you with things she likes.

Dec 14, 2006, 04:20 PM
    Okay, I can admit when I am wrong. Going to extreme with the jewelry is way overboard not to mention really suspicious. Keep things cordial and within reason. Respectful. Going and getting something really fancy would be inappropriate. Billy Wilder once said, "Hindsight is always 20/20!"

Colonel

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ok can someone please answer this question for me? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok,I've always heard that ou should brush your hair 100times every night and for the past... while... I've been doing that,but I just got to know,why should you brush your hair every night for 100 times?What does it do to your hair?Ugh, I'm confused. Thanks you guyz.

Hi this is a very odd question but please answer it [ 16 Answers ]

Hi I have shaved my pubic hair if I said to my friend I have would that be normal if I told him I have shaved it ? And would it be normal if I showed it to him as well or would he call me gay boy or think I am gay pleae answer this it is very odd question but pleasse answer it :confused:

Silly question, but still please answer eh ;) [ 26 Answers ]

OK, you may all think I'm being overly worried about this situation, but that's just me eh ;) Anyhow, here's the backstory... I'm a senior in university and for the longest time, obviously until recently, was in a longterm relationship (nearly 4 years), we began dating summer after HS, both at...

Likely an easy question to answer [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently received my credit reports from all three companies. When looking at them, I saw that a couple of accounts have potentially negative items on them. When reviewing them, I got a bit confused on the terms under "Responsibility". Some say individual (I figured that one out!), some...

View more questions Search