Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicntan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 02:18 PM
    Midland LLC served me, but I paid the account off 2 years ago
    Two years ago I went through my credit report and paid off all the outstanding debt (which might have been the dumbest thing I could have done). I thought everything was great, until about a year ago. I received a letter dated September 21, 2009 from a law firm stating they were representing Midland and I owed them 880.85, which was 200.00 less then the 1012.00 (this was the amount that had been reported on my credit for over a year also I was not receiving statements from them anymore) I had paid them June 9th, 2008. So I faxed a copy of the check (which had account payoff on the memo line) to the law firm stating I would like this resolved. I hear nothing more until yesterday, June 8, 2010, when the Sherriff stops at my house with a summons and complaint that doesn't have a case number, docket number, is not notorized and is just stamped (not signed) by the lawyer and the amount is now 911.62 plus court costs. How do I go about answering the summons? The debt was mine, I acknowledged it, I paid it off... goes to show you sometimes just can't win.

Check out some similar questions!

My first love x 20 years ago- broke my heart - tortured dreams - called me 1 week ago [ 18 Answers ]

Ok, really confused here and I am not sure why it even effects me still so badly (annoyed with that fact actually) To understand I have to tell a little story: 1. I was a kid in high school, from a small town with a crappy childhood and I fell hard for a guy that absolutely broke my heart...

S Corp 100% owner in LLC (Taxed as S Corp), How do I account for LLC on S Corps books [ 1 Answers ]

I have an S Corp that is a 100% owner in an LLC (which is taxed as an S corp). I am preparing the taxes for the companies and have run into a problem. I have given the S corp the k-1 from the llc and put the $'s into "other income" (Income section, line 5 1120s schedule). However, in filling in...

Still getting sued for CC debt paid years ago. [ 7 Answers ]

We are in Cuyahoga County, Ohio. We had a charge card with Lowe's several years ago. We weren't making the payments regularly, so Lowe's (or an assign) offered to settle for about half, which we did. Now, there is a law firm, affiliated with a collection agency, that is suing us for the balance....

Overdrafted my account 10 years ago, what now [ 1 Answers ]

I was out of the country for 8 years I had credit card debt and out my accounts, I opened a secured credit card and now have good credit again I have been given 5 credit cards from different banks what can happen now with my old debts, am I incurring in any illegal activity

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.