Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashleigh.a Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 11:58 AM
    My dog just had a pup and now she is nesting again is this normal?
    Hi,
    I hope someone can help.
    My lhasa apso just had a pup which is weird as her last litter she had 6!
    Now she is nesting and looking at her back side and being really protective over the pup, is she expecting more pups?
    PLEASE HELP!!
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 9, 2010, 12:20 PM

Take her to the vet so he can find out for you.

And after the pup is weaned, get her spayed so you don't have to worry about things like this again.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2010, 11:55 PM

Possibly... didn't you find out how many pups she was having before she whelped? :eek:

Wait 2 hours then get her to the vet. She should have a shot of oxytocin once finished whelping anyway to clear out her uterus. Plus, the shot induces labor and speeds along delivery of any pups still left inside.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My dog bit the cord off twice of pup and pup died [ 7 Answers ]

My dog gave birth to a puppy that came feet first, the pup an over grown tongue and she bite the cord off and then bit it off again and the puppy bled to death. Why would she do this.

I had a pup with parvo when can my other dog go in the back yard [ 1 Answers ]

We had a pup that was 17weeks old that died of parvo on the 2-3-2010.. the question is we have an older dog that is 10years old, when can he go in the back yard. He hadn't thad a needle for at least 3 years but he has a shoot yesterday and going for a booster in a month... he seems to be fine... ...

Should I get a pup as company for my dog? [ 1 Answers ]

I live alone and have a six year old, lab/boxer, unneutered male, named Maxie, that I've had since he was a pup. I bought Maxie to serve as company for Rocky (shepherd mix, neutered male) who died when he was eight a couple of years ago. I was a bit surprised that Rocky did not take to Maxie,...

Best dog food for zu pup [ 5 Answers ]

I have two 2.5 month old cute zus, since I知 working 6 hours a day starting 4 am and I値l be at home around 12nn. So I知 leaving them dog food in their feeding bowl in the morning. I致e been feeding them alpo puppy dog food (beef&vegetable flavor) during breakfast and lunch time. Then during...

3 month pup won't eat dog food [ 6 Answers ]

Got a 3 month old geman shep. Mix. She won't eat the iams puupy food that we bought her. I have tried everything from mix can food, adding cottage cheese, adding eggs and still won't eat. She will eat table scraps but don't want her to keep eatting this. I want her to eat her dog food. She is...

View more questions Search