Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JeanetteSmilez Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 10:49 AM
    Father being added to birth certificate
    I need help! I had a baby girl in February. I had been separated from my husband for 2 years and in the process of devorce. After my duaghter was born I finally got the devorce. The baby is not my ex husbands it is my fiencees but they would not let me put the biolagical father on the birth certificate. Please help I have no father on the birth certificate and want to add her father . What do I do? I just want to add her father to the birth certificate. I tried to amend it and they said I could not so what do I need to do?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 9, 2010, 12:44 PM

Since your still married its most likely going to end up that the legal father will be your husband.
    That is why they wouldn't put anyone else's name on there. Have you asked for child support?

Jun 11, 2010, 08:52 AM

I got the devorce finalized right after my daughter was born. I then went to have the birth cerftificate ammened but they still would not let me put my daughters father on the birth certificate and I do not know what to do to get her father on the birth certificate. As it stands right now there is no one on the birth certificate but me(her mother). I want her father on it for numerous reasons.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jun 11, 2010, 09:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanetteSmilez View Post
    I got the devorce finalized right after my daughter was born. I then went to have the birth cerftificate ammened but they still would not let me put my daughters father on the birth certificate and I do not know what to do to get her father on the birth certificate. As it stands right now there is no one on the birth certificate but me(her mother). I want her father on it for numerous reasons.
    1. Your ex-husband IS presumed father.
    2. They are right.
    3. Hire an attorney and file in court for paternity determination.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 11, 2010, 09:22 AM

Where do you live (general area)? Laws vary by location.

Jun 14, 2010, 07:16 AM

Orlando Florida. I would hire a lawyer but I do not have the money for that. I barely make it with four kids. I just need to know what I myself and my daughters real father can do to get him on her birth certificate. God forbid something happens to me then my youngest daughter will go to the state till this gets sorted out and we do not want that. I just need help to know what steps to take to get her biological father put on her birth certificate.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 14, 2010, 07:37 AM

We told what you need to do. Try a local law school. Very often they have clinics staffed by students that can help. But if the agency that is in charge of birth certificates told you you can't amend it just by filling in a form, then you need to go to court to establish paternity.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 14, 2010, 08:11 AM
    orlando Florida.. . I just need to know what I myself and my daughters real father can do to get him on her birth certificate. God forbid something happens to me then my youngest daughter will go to the state till this gets sorted out and we do not want that. I just need help to know what steps to take to get her biological father put on her birth certificate.

I don't know that you need a BC.

... a notarized voluntary acknowledgment of paternity or voluntary acknowledgment of paternity, which is witnessed by two individuals and signed under penalty of perjury as specified by s. 92.525(2), creates a rebuttable presumption, as defined by s. 90.304, of paternity...
    Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes :->2009->Ch0742->Section 10 : flsenate.gov
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jun 14, 2010, 08:53 AM

I had been seperated from my husband for 2 years and in the process of devorce. after my duaghter was born I finally got the devorce.
    Do you need explanations why 742.10 Establishment of paternity for children born out of wedlock. Is not relevant to this case?

§ 382.013(2)(a), Fla. Stat. (1999)("If the mother is married at the time of birth, the name of the husband shall be entered on the birth certificate as the father of the child, unless paternity has been determined otherwise by a court of competent jurisdiction.");

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father on birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

Im 29 weeks pregnant with my first child, but the father doesn't want to claim my child... he says it cannot be his but I know she is his. Should I put his name on the birth certificate?

Father not around at birth. Want to add him to birth certificate/change babies name [ 1 Answers ]

At the time I had my son 5 months ago his father was not in the picture so I opted to not give him his last name or put his name on the birth certificate... however now his father came back and we are working things out.. how do I go about changing the birth certificate and my sons last name... do...

Biological father needs to be added to birth cert. When other man listed/ name change [ 31 Answers ]

When my daughter was born my ex was thought to be her biological father but found out otherwise at a later date. Everything was proven through paternity tests, but now my problem is I don't even know where to begin getting everything resolved. My ex's name is on the birth certificate and needs to...

Getting a name added to baby's birth certificate WITHOUT my permission [ 4 Answers ]

I am having a few probs with my baby's dad. He wants to take her for a whole day on his own and I don't trust him yet (I have very good reason!) He is now saying he is going to fight to get his name on her birth certificate then I won't have a choice but I don't want this therefore won't give...

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

View more questions Search