Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    becka19 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 10:26 AM
    Hypocritical boyfriend, advice?
    My boyfriend, to say the least has a very female dominated list of friends. This would not bother me if it wasant such an issue when I am to talk to my male friends.
    We've been together for a year iin augest and I really need this issue resolved if anything is going to contiue after a year.
    His ex girlffriend who is now his friend is calling him crying in the middle of the night once every couple nights. He leaves the bedroom to go talk to her about who knows what. Another female friend he previously slept with is always textinjg back and fourth with him, one time I read some messages where they were just texting sexual noises I supppose? "oh yeah thats the spot" etc. he said they were just joking around.
    Recently he's gotten back in touch with an old friend, who he previously made out with at a bar, and they've now made plans to go pool hopping toegtther in the middle of night.
    I'm not OK with this! Am I being selfish or silly??
    Ever time I Facebook or text a male friend it's a big deal to him, often he accuses me of cheating. Is that maybe his guilty conscious?
    Help!
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jun 10, 2010, 04:14 PM

Sounds like he may be playing away from home or if not then that's on his mind, texting sex sounds was it to someone isn't that called phone sex, or is it textual intercourse or similar.

It could all be platonic and fun orientated, however like yourself I have doubts, what's he want to go meet up with someone in middle of the night for.

I would confront him, if he says its nothing then suggest he takes you with him , call his bluff.

If he gives you a hard time about your texts or whatever just tell him Im doing no more with so and so than you are with whatshername honey.

Smiling sweetly as you say it through gritted teeth.

I can't help feeling that it could be a case of he who accuses is usually the one doing it.

You could drop him from a great height preferably. Hope you can sort it out.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 10, 2010, 05:07 PM
    I would say that he is a boyfriend to many, past, present, and future.

Barhopping with an ex, phone calls in the middle of the night from a distraught ex, all of it adds up to he likes being single, for all intent and purpose, but he also likes having you, exclusively.

He expects you to behave one way, yet, the same rules do not apply to him.

I think you are wise to question spending more time in a relationship with him, when he has continued relationships with other women.

I'd say his behaviour goes beyond what most would consider reasonable expectations of a committed partner to another.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need advice about my boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

hello. im 20 years old, in a relationship for 6 months with my boyfriend who is 19. I have a issue... My boyfriend has 2 children, 1 kid may not be his. The Problem : The appartment we live in has lead everywhere, therefor we cannot bring children under 6 in the house, or they would get lead...

Need advice about my boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

I need advice about my boyfriend too. We started going out in March, and he said he loved me, and we kissed and hugged, but that was it. During this time, we saw each other twice a week because we were doing a play together. In April, when the play was finished, we started seeing each other once a...

Advice regarding boyfriend! [ 5 Answers ]

Hey everyone, Just wanting some feedback. I'm 30 years old dating a 40 yr old for the past 15 months. In my previous relationship my boyfriend and I had a lot of sex. In the current one, it happens about 2 times a month. He only has an orgasm if I pleasure him orally. I don't think my...

Boyfriend advice [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone I really need some advance with my relationship and it needs to be impartial. I've been with my boyfriend for over 18 months and over the last two months or so he's told me that he's had naked pictures sent to him off another girl, he's kissed someone whilst we've been together and...

Boyfriend advice [ 5 Answers ]

Need advice about my boyfriend too. We started going out in March, and he said he loved me, and we kissed and hugged, but that was it. During this time, we saw each other twice a week because we were doing a play together. In April, when the play was finished, we started seeing each other once a...

View more questions Search