Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deon36 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 08:14 AM
    Will my past pardon be brought up if I am charged with theft under?
    I wqs charged with theft under and trust me it was an accident. I was shopping and my hands were full of items. To make room I had placed deoderant in my back pocket. I proceeded to the front of the store to get a hand basket to place the items and I forgot about the one I had in my back pocket. When I was done shopping I went to the check out and paid for all my items and again I forgot about the item in my pocket. When I stepped outside I stopped to reach for my wallet and realized I still had the item in my pocket and turned to go back in to pay for it and that's when the security guard approached me. Before He finished his sentenced I continued to walk back into the store and told him that that is why I am going back in to pay for this item that I had forgotten to pay for it. Needless to say he didn't care then I got charged for theft under $5000. My question is I had a pardon for the last 8 years... will the judge see my past record in court?

Jun 9, 2010, 02:34 PM
    By the way... I live in Ontario Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by deon36 View Post
    I wqs charged with theft under and trust me it was an accident. I was shopping and my hands were full of items. to make room I had placed deoderant in my back pocket. I proceeded to the front of the store to get a hand basket to place the items and I forgot about the one I had in my back pocket. When I was done shopping I went to the check out and paid for all my items and again I forgot about the item in my pocket. When I stepped outside I stopped to reach for my wallet and realized I still had the item in my pocket and turned to go back in to pay for it and that's when the security guard approached me. Before He finished his sentenced I continued to walk back into the store and told him that that is why I am going back in to pay for this item that I had forgotten to pay for it. Needless to say he didn't care then I got charged for theft under $5000. My question is I had a pardon for the last 8 years....will the judge see my past record in court?

Jun 10, 2010, 07:49 AM

Anyone going to answere?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2010, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by deon36 View Post
    Anyone going to answere?
    Hello deon:

Sure, but I can't help much, cause I don't know Canadian law. But, if you got a pardon HERE, whatever crime you got pardoned for couldn't be brought up. It would be like you were NEVER convicted.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Charged With Theft Under, Could I Get Off on it? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm Krystal, I live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, and just today I was with my 2 friends Zack and Erica at Superstore. Well I was walking around, not really paying attention to what anyone else was doing, just kind of off in my own world.. Then Erica decided it's time to leave so we give Zack...

16 year old charged with 3rd degree theft, theft by deception, and forgery what will [ 2 Answers ]

I was charged with 3rd degree theft, theft by deception, and forgery for finding a debit card and buying 3 items in Bridgewater Commons Mall New Jersey that I believe came up to $300 I used credit and had to sigh the receipt I didn't use my name but the name on the card. I was brought to the police...

Charged for theft [ 2 Answers ]

If I am a convicted felon but in the process of getting my record exsponged, in the future will I be able to purchase a firearm

Can you still be charged for a theft after? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I live in Ontario,Canada and about 4 years ago I was fired for stealing from my employer. What happened was on several different times I would mark down the wrong amount of bowling league members down wrong and take the $$$$. Eventually I was caught and was fired, however, I got to write...

View more questions Search