Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeldaPat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 06:11 AM
    Afer implant surgery my jaw pops
    After 2 yrs of dental implant surgery's. My jaw pops .
    Doesn't hurt! Thank goodness but sometimes it's louder then other times. Very irritating.I! Any thoughts?
    PS: Please help.. I sleep in a guard, made by a dentist
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 9, 2010, 07:15 AM

Your answer is to go back to an actual dentist an be evaluated. What you have is called Tempromandibular Joint Disorder.
    Could be from grinding, the extraction, trauma to the jaw or other orthodonic provedures. Your NightGard could also be part of the problem.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2010, 08:07 AM

Ballenferb1 is right. Sounds exactly like TMJ to me too. You are one of the lucky ones that only has the popping... most people have extreme jaw pain too.

Go back to your dentist to find out what exactly is going on.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2010, 08:13 AM
    If the night guard was made before your implants were placed you definitely need a new one. Every time you have dental work done (fillings, crowns, implants) you must have your night guard adjusted. Night guards are meant to be worn every night whether you think you are grinding or not. As an implant client a night guard will protect your implants and the bone around them.

As ballengerb1 and Devorameira have said, get to your dentist and have him/her check your bite and wear patterns.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water in Shower for 2 minutes turns to cold afer. [ 8 Answers ]

We live in a house that is about 30 years old. When we go to take a shower, the water is not hot. It does not even stay lukewarm sometimes. The coil will get hot when you turn on the hot water for a few seconds, then goes cold as if cold water is running through it. What should we do? Using our...

Locked jaw after surgery! [ 2 Answers ]

I had surgery Monday and had me wisdom teeth taken out. I had all four taken out, I had a dry sockets. And now that they have healed up my jaw is messed up I can only open my mouth to a small point. It hurts to eat. I can't even open my mouth to eat. It's like I have lock jaw!! The dentist told me...

Jaw surgery now recovery what to eat? [ 2 Answers ]

What foods can I eat? I'm past the liquids I can now I have very soft foods I can't chew but I can smash things with my tongue against my mouth and teeth, but as I said before no aggressive chewing

View more questions Search