Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BlackBeauty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2006, 07:28 PM
    99 Taurus Service Engine Soon light
    My car sputtered and shook a little when I turned the engine on. It went away after I drove a short way, then the Service Engine Soon light came on and stayed on. Any ideas on this?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2006, 08:19 PM
    The Service Engine Soon light is your computer's way of communicating to you that the car needs servicing. It could be any number of things. Take your car to Autozone and they will hook a scan tool up to the Data Link Connector and tell you what is wrong. They won't charge for this service. Record any Diagnostic Trouble Codes they give you. These codes will tell you what the problem is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91' Ford Taurus check engine light [ 35 Answers ]

Last aug. had the distributor module fixed due to car stalling & then not starting. Upon picking-up my car the mechanic informed me that now the check engine light would always be on and at that time also asked if there was anything wrong w/the pollution control equipment and he said no there...

Service Engine Soon light [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2003 Altima, "service soon light is on, Dealer wants 78.00 dollars to Dign. And what ever cost to fix, Do you know where is coming from??

Check Engine Light 91 Taurus [ 1 Answers ]

My check engine light pops on after car runs for about 10-15 minutes. Just replaced power steering hoses, which I removed the air filter assy. Checked connectors and wiring, everything seems tight. My concern is an electrical plug on the old P/S hose I removed. The new hose does not have this, I...

Service engine soon light [ 1 Answers ]

I recently replaced my fuel pump on my 98 GMC Z-71 w/5.4 liter engine. After reconnecting everything; I found the "service engine soon" light on. I never had any trouble with the light until I changed out the fuel pump. Any ideas why?

99 taurus service engine soon light [ 3 Answers ]

The service engine soon lis on and the wires/plugs have been replaced twice within the past 8 months because that was the diagnosis. The light is still on and I had them test it today/they say it is the 4th plug again. It can't be not already. Then he said it might be the ignition coil. What do...

View more questions Search