Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loveme84 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2010, 01:41 PM
    No one likes me / They all hate me
    Everyone hates me, and with good reason. I'm 26 years old (and acting like a ing 10 years old), and since I moved out 8 years ago I've been alone. I've never had a girlfriend, and I don't have any real friends.
    I begin to think, it will be best to kill myself.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2010, 01:46 PM

Exactly what do you think that will solve? You have told us some of the problems your having... why don't you have friends? Do you have a job?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jun 8, 2010, 01:47 PM

Don't give up on yourself so easily. You've identified some of your problems already. For example, you've admitted that you act immature. So get your act together.

Nothing comes easy in life. If it did, then we'd all be billionaires. Work hard and you will be rewarded.

Jun 8, 2010, 01:53 PM

I don't have friends because, I mess up every time I talk to someone, I will say something stupid, an argument or something, that will hurt others. I'm quiet by nature, and I don't say much, but when I try to say something, it will only do worse.
    I really hate myself every time I do it. My time is running out...
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2010, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by loveme84 View Post
    Everyone hates me, and with good reason. I'm 26 years old (and acting like a ing 10 years old), and since I moved out 8 years ago I've been alone. I've never had a girlfriend, and I don't have any real friends.
    I begin to think, it will be best to kill myself.
    You only think everyone hates you, does not mean they do. I think more of the issue is. That you hate yourself. Your not letting anybody have the chance to like you because others can tell that your do not even feel comfortable with yourself.

You moved out, that is not a bad thing. Whether you had a girlfriend or not does not really matter. It will come with time. You just need to get yourself out there and meet people.

You know what friends, people who have lots and lots of friends. Majority of them are too fickle to be true friends anyway because within seconds they can turn on you when you disagree with them or when things get rough they do not stick around.

In life it is better to be able to find one or two really true good friends that will be with you thick and thin then having a bunch of friends that will eventually just turn on you when you disagree with them.

Killing yourself is NOT an option. It does not solve anything. Life can be hard but you need to pick yourself up every time and make each day important to you.

Take care of yourself. Learn to enjoy life. Do not depend on anybody to make your life worth living because really it is only you that can be responsible for how you feel. Do not base it on what you think others think.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jun 8, 2010, 01:58 PM

First off. Calm down. You're putting too much pressure on yourself. You need to take this one step at the time. Why don't you try to give us an example of what you mean by saying the wrong thing or saying something that gets you into an argument. If you figure out the root of your problems, you will be able to learn from your mistakes and not repeat them again.
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2010, 02:00 PM
    I don't have friends because, I mess up every time I talk to someone, I will say something stupid, an argument or something, that will hurt others. I'm quiet by nature, and I don't say much, but when i try to say something, it will only do worse.
    I really hate myself every time I do it. My time is running out...
    Be yourself, if others do not like it or find fault in you. That is THEIR PROBLEM not yours. There is nothing wrong with being quiet, but opening up and giving yourself more confidence the only way to do that is by liking yourself within for who you are and feeling comfortable with who you are.

You say it will only do worse but that is only because you think you will do worse and people can pick up on those vibes. You change the way you feel about yourself then you will be more comfortable putting yourself out there.

There is no such thing as time running out. There is all the time in the world. Stop putting such high demands on others and yourself. Start living your own life for you and things will fall into place eventually.
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2010, 02:03 PM

Hey... you have friends here and we will try to help you.

I'm the worlds worst for saying stupid things and hurting peoples feelings.Read my signature at the bottom of my response. I try to live by that but it is hard sometimes.

You have to admit and ask them forgiveness when you hurt them. Then you have to like and forgive yourself. Nobody's perfect.
    Just keep posting OK?

Jun 8, 2010, 02:54 PM
    Thanks for the replies, it means a lot to me.

I don't think I got an example. When I'm in a group of more people, I'm always the one that's left out. If someone says something, and I don't agree 100%, I tend to say something wrong, and even untruthful, a lie, or maybe exaggerating. If they ask me something, I often don't know what to say, and often I will say something unintelligent. Also I'm very stubborn; If I'm 10% sure on something I act like I'm 100% sure. I don't know why I do this, and I hate it. As a result, I feel that people don't trust me.

I'm doing school at the moment, and I'm a male by the way.

Sorry, but I don't know what more to say right now :/
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2010, 03:15 PM

It is okay.

In the scheme of things you need to decide is it important to base your whole life on what others might or do think about you? The answer to that question should be NO.

Jun 9, 2010, 12:46 AM

I can't just ignore what others might think or feel.
    Why not just give up. I don't want to live alone.
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2010, 03:09 AM

Why not, Why can you not ignore what others MIGHT think or feel.

Your 26 years old and still very young. You have lots of time to get to know other people. That is the thing you need to try to be happy with your life as an individual before you are able to be happy with anybody else.

You truly need to seek out counseling for yourself. You need to see your doctor. Talk to them about how your feeling. They will be able to help.
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2010, 10:56 AM

Please get help... Nothing is worth killing yourself. What will be the purpose? We all go through this.
    I've learned to accept there are people who don't and never will like me. It used to bother me... doesn't anymore.

Get yourself a thicker skin and you'll find.. it will get better. Nothing says everybody is going to like each other... To have a friend you have to be a friend. Reach out to someone...

Jun 9, 2010, 12:38 PM

I'm NOT going to kill myself.
    I just don't want to live alone.. I'm doing school, so I don't really have time to go out. Any ideas of where to go? It needsto be cheap. Maybe I should just continue going to school, it's free. As I said, I'm quiet. I don't like parties, discoes etc.
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2010, 12:47 PM
    I'm NOT going to kill myself.
    I just don't wanna live alone.. I'm doing school, so I don't really have time to go out. Any ideas of where to go? It needsto be cheap. Maybe i should just continue going to school, it's free. As i said, I'm quiet. I don't like parties, discoes etc.
    Church... Library... the park... There are a lot of people who are lonely just like you... You have to find them... you will.:)

Jun 9, 2010, 01:16 PM

I could go out, but I'm not going to approach anyone. I'm too shy to do that, so people will have to come to me :/
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2010, 01:24 PM
    I could go out, but I'm not going to approach anyone. I'm too shy to do that, so people will have to come to me :/

Good luck with that! You have to show you want to be friends... Try it...

Jun 9, 2010, 01:39 PM

Still, I don't really know where to go yet. I can't find of anything comfortable.
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2010, 05:36 PM
    Still, I don't really know where to go yet. I can't find of anything comfortable.

Doesn't cost anything to go the Library and if you like to read... it's like going to the mall. Volunteer at the library or get yourself a job where people your own age work.

Jun 10, 2010, 02:36 AM

Now, the culture in USA where're you are from is very very different from where I live. I don't think libraries is the same here, as in USA. They're all empty. Are people socializing in the libraries in the US?
    The same with church. We're not religious here (in Denmark).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't hate my job, I hate my co-worker(s) [ 23 Answers ]

Do you ever have a day in the office where everything is going grand until you see that one person that really grinds your gears. Well I have one of those- I make one little mistake and she takes it up with the supervisor immediately when in fact she makes a million or more errors daily. How...

He acts like he likes me, but likes another girl too [ 12 Answers ]

Ok so there's this guy who I really like, and he works at the stable where I ride my horse. He talks to me on Facebook and used to say I'm hot, and call me babes. He even asked me to come to his football game once at my school. When we see each other in person though, he stares at the ground. He...

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option.what should I do? [ 14 Answers ]

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option. People near me are OK but are always either scared or are in an licking state. I hate the environment. I can't quit because I hate to learn and what I know is not good enough. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee tell me what shoul I do! anyone!

View more questions Search