Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aloha11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2010, 01:30 PM
    My dogs whole body is stiff and he has a hard time eating and drinking?
    My dog is stiff his whole body, from the face to back legs? He can hardly open his mouth? He walks like, his joints are not bending, he is only a puppy maybe a year old? I don't know what happened? He has a hard time swallowing and chewing?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 8, 2010, 01:43 PM

There could be a great many reasons for a pup to be "stove up" like this, from running into a wall while playing to tetanus. He really needs to be diagnosed by a veterinarian.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 8, 2010, 05:40 PM

Get your puppy to the vet. ASAP.
    bluearc74 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 01:11 PM

Ditto Aurora. Take your dog to the vet ASAP.
    Pit-Bull_ Liz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2011, 04:01 AM
    My dog is having this problem I took him to the vet he said it has to be nuerological because there as nothing in his blood or organs to explain it, I don't have the money to care for my pet like this, I don't know what it is , Now I look for a place to put ym god to sleep after caring for him , loving him , and being with him 8 years I can't even bring myself to do it, I cry all day, and I get scared every time he falls over because he losses control of his legs, I fell for you, I know what you are going through please post back and inform me on what happened? I need to know Please!
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2011, 04:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit-Bull_ Liz View Post
    my dog is having this problem i took him to the vet he said it has to be nuerological becasue there as nothign in his blood or organs to explain it, I dont have the money to care for my pet like this, I dont know what it is , Now i look for a place to put ym god to sleep after caring for him , loving him , and being with him 8 years i can't even bring myself to do it, i cry all day, and I get scared everytime he falls over becuase he losses control of his legs, I fell for you, I know what you are going through please post back and inform me on what happened? I need to know Please!
    Have you talked to the vet about a payment plan?

Did they give you a care plan for your dog? Did the vet suggest getting the dog put down?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New puppy not eating or drinking [ 2 Answers ]

I'm wondering why my 45 day old puppy is not being active. He sleeps through the day and keeps the family awake at night. Sometimes in the evening, he does not eat his food and in the middle of the night he will whine because he is hungry. I got my puppy on Dec 5th. The only time he is active is...

Not eating or drinking [ 5 Answers ]

My small dog is not eating and I cannot get her to drink anything. Any suggestions as to What may be wrong or how I can remedy this?

Issue with eating and drinking [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I just adopted a boxer/terrier mix and she is very well behaved... she just won't eat very well or drink water when she really should. Being a terrier mix makes her incredibly excitable and she is constantly on the go. We took her to the vet and they said that she is not in danger of...

Hard to turn hot water on and off really stiff [ 2 Answers ]

The hot water to my bathtub and shower is really hard to turn on and off hoe do I fix it the stemsn are new

8 week old puppy not eating but drinking [ 1 Answers ]

I just brought home an 8 week old Scottish Terrier puppy from a very loving breeder. I'm not sure if he's just too young or what's going on. He ate the first night I brought him home and now he hasn't eaten in the past two days. He drinks plenty of water and is piddling but short of force...

View more questions Search