Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hgrove17th Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2010, 10:56 AM
    How to get rid of an operating system
    I installed xp on a different partition I want to get rid of windows ME that's installed on another partition I was trying to upgrade to XP
    mrcblake Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2010, 11:20 PM
    The easiest way is to double click on my computer and right click on the windows me partition and chose format and it will be gone. Another way is to start, control panel, administrative tools, computer management, click disk management, right click the partition you want to get rid of and chose the file system you want i.e. ntfs, fat32 and click OK and it will be formated and gone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I upgraded from ME to XP how do I get rid of windows ME operating system [ 4 Answers ]

I upgraded from windows ME to XP now my computer's slow how can I get rid of windows ME

Need to get rid of one of the two operating systems on my Pc [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. Currently when I turn on my computer it gives me the option of Professional addition or Home addition. The reason being was because previously a virus hit our PC, and we installed professional addition on to our PC. The screen that asks the question is black and made up of simple font,...

Operating system [ 1 Answers ]

WHILE OPENING ANY OF MY DRIVES BY DOUBLE CLICKING A MESSAGE IS SHOWN AND I CANNOT OPEN THAT DRIVE .IF I AM OPENING D DRIVE THEN MESSAGE AS ALLOWS Cannot find script file "D:\MS32DLL.dll.vbs" I can open the drive by right clicking the mouse.

No Operating System [ 7 Answers ]

I have a IBM 390X laptop, and the computer has successfully completed the hard disk data wiping process. Al Data on the computer is now unrecoverable. The computer is designed for win98, and I have a CD Windows 98 Second Edition. What are the steps I need to take to get this computer working...

Two Operating Systems? I Need To Get Rid Of One Of Them [ 8 Answers ]

I currently have Windows XP Pro. I had to reinstall XP because of a big problem I had. Well instead of upgrading which I should have done, I reinstalled it as a new install. When I boot up my computer, it asks me which operating system I want to run. I know I have to go into the boot ini. File but...

View more questions Search