Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2006, 05:20 PM
    A small example of segments...

There is a natural rhythm to the energy inside you; sometimes this energy is strong and outgoing, at other times it's quiet and sensitive. When strong it's time to pursue goals, take risks and get things moving. When it's quiet you need to take time out to relax and just be for a while.

If you have a serious problem and there seems no answer in sight it could be that your emotions are getting in the way and you are working against yourself, try taking a back seat for a while and see how things are in a week or maybe a month. Nothing lasts for ever - not even the bad times.

Ask yourself, what is important in my life and what is simply dragging me down? What would I change about my life? Which individuals contribute to my happiness and which do not? Tell yourself, it's my life! And if I am to remain happy and healthy I alone must decide what stays and what goes.

Occasionally, it may feel like ‘this is not what I wanted', but there was a time when you thought you wanted it, and it may still be for the best. But if you have changed your mind, you need only acknowledge this to yourself to avoid confusion and then state precisely and clearly what it is you want now.

An example of my 'Lists'...

Dos & Don'ts

Don't look for things to criticize - cause you WILL find them.

Don't tell others how to run their lives - unless it's a life or death situation.

Don't be afraid to encounter risks. It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave.

Don't set your goals by what other people deem important. Only you know what is best for you.

Don't say others don't belong, or you wish they were dead. - Cause your NOT coming back from that!

Don't be afraid to admit that you are less than perfect. It is this fragile thread that binds us to each other.

Don't say others are bad, not good enough, or unlovable - cause, sooner or later, just saying it will make it so.

Don't undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different that each of us is special.

Don't give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.

Don't dismiss your dreams. To be without dreams is to be without hope; to be without hope is to be without purpose.

Don't let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future.: By living your life one day at a time, you live all the days of your life.

Don't run through life so fast that you forget not only where you've been, but also where you're going.: Life is not a race, but a journey to be savoured each step of the way.

Don't shut love out of your life by saying it's impossible to find. The most quick way to receive love is to give love.: The fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly; and the best way to keep love is to give it wings.

~ And Now For The Do's ~

Do whatever you want, but be prepared to pick up the bill afterwards.

Do listen to well meaning advice - cause you don’t have time to learn everything.

Do trust that you have found your place in the world, and that you are in the best seat for you.

Do celebrate the important things; special dates, birthdays, anniversaries,: all the special moments in time, each other, your life and life in general.

Do your best to reach out and touch someone’s heart,: it is the random acts of kindness that help us to grow together.

Do try to be important in the life and heart of a child,: because when you are gone that is where the best of you will reside and be remembered.

Do exercise your rights in a clear, calm manner.: Shout and yell and people are apt to tune you out, whisper and they will draw closer to hear what is being said.

Do try to smile and nod at the people you pass on your way to the bus stop or the store,: especially on a cold and frosty morning - you have no idea how warm they will feel inside if you do.

I also have lists of affirmations... I have many 'Lists'.
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2006, 06:10 PM
    Folks forgive me for messing up this thread.

NeedKarma,

I don't understand it and it's giving me a headache. Lol Here is a copy of one from one of those pages you gave me followed by each of my own segments. I remember now because some of mine incorporated quotes. Still trying to work out what is going on. Can only think someone got a copy of it and might have adapted it to suit them. I'm going now to check my files to try to find the original segments that made up 'Improve Your Relationships... ' I think I originally called it 'Want To Improve Your Relationships?'

1-The power of Thought:

We become what we think and thus love begins with thought. Loving thoughts make loving experiences and relationships possible.

....... mine....... Love begins with our thoughts. We become what we think about. Loving thoughts create loving experiences and loving relationships. Affirmations can change our beliefs and thoughts about ourselves and others. If we want to love someone, we need to consider their needs and desires. Thinking about your ideal partner will help you recognize him or her when you meet him or her.

2-The power of Giving:

Whatever you want to receive you must first give it yourself! Practice random acts of kindness without expecting rewards or appraisal for them. In a relationship focus not on what the other person can do for you but on what you can do and give for the other person. Focus on what you can contribute instead on what you can take.

....... mine....... If you want to receive love, all you have to do is give it! The more love you give, the more you will receive. To love is to give of yourself, freely and unconditionally. Practice random acts of kindness. Before committing to a relationship ask not what the other person will be able to give to you, but rather what will you be able to give them. The secret formula of a happy, lifelong, loving relationship is to always focus on what you can give instead of what you can take.

3-The power of Respect:

The first person you need to respect first and foremost is yourself. Then realise that you cannot truly love anyone or anything which you do not respect.

....... mine....... You cannot love anyone or anything unless you first respect them. The first person you need to respect is yourself. To begin to gain self-respect ask yourself: "What do I respect about myself?" To gain respect for others, even those you may dislike, ask yourself: "What do I respect about them?"

4-The power of Friendship:

To find true love you must first be a true friend. This sounds easier said than done since love does not consist of gazing into each others' eyes but gazing into the same direction together. To love somebody you must first love them for who they are and use that friendship as the soil from which the seeds of love will grow.

....... mine....... To find a true love, you must first find a true friend. Love does not consist of gazing into each other's eyes, but rather looking outward together in the same direction. To love someone completely you must love them for who they are, not what they look like. Friendship is the soil through which love's seeds grow. If you want to bring love into a relationship, you must first bring friendship.

5-The power of Letting Go:

People and all living things need air to breathe. For that air, we need space. Love means letting go of our fears,past hurts and pains,egos, conditions and prejudices. Then once you have let go of all of that you have opened up the space for love to grow.

....... mine....... "If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you it's yours, if it doesn't it never was." Even in a loving relationship, people need their own space. If we want to learn to love, we must first learn to forgive and let go of past hurts, and grievances. Love means letting go of our fears, prejudices, egos and conditions. "Today I let go of all my fears, the past has no power over me-today is the beginning of a new life."

6-The power of Communication:

To love someone is to communicate with them. Let the people whom you love and apprecciate in your life know how you feel about them. Never let an opportunity pass to recognize the love in others. Always leave someone with a kind word since it may be the last time you see them!
    If this was your last day on this Earth, what have you left unsaid or left undone to thank your loved ones for their contribution to your wellbeing?? What are you waiting for? This is the most important moment in your life... its the NOW which matters.

....... mine....... When we learn to communicate openly and honestly, life changes. To love someone is to communicate with them. Let the people you love know that you love them and appreciate them. Never be afraid to say those three magic words: "I Love You." Never let an opportunity pass to praise someone. Always leave someone you love with a loving word - it could be the last time you see them. If you were about to die but could make telephone calls to the people you loved, who would you call, what would you say and.. . why are you waiting?

7-The power of Commitment:

When you are committed to someone or something, quitting is never an option. You are in it for whatever it takes and you will give it your best since that relationship or that cause is worth it. That commitment is reflected in your thoughts and your actions. You cannot be in a fulfilling relationship if you are not in with your mind, your body, your heart and your soul. Leave a mark of what you are in your relationships and on this world since you will be remembered by what you stood for and how you made people feel. That is all that counts.

....... mine....... If you want to have love in abundance, you must be committed to it, and that commitment will be reflected in your thoughts and actions. Commitment is the true test of love. If you want to have loving relationships, you must be committed to loving relationships. When you are committed to someone or something, quitting is never an option. Commitment distinguishes a fragile relationship from a strong one.

8-The power of Passion:

Deep passion does not come from physical attraction alone but through deep commitment, enthusiasm,interest and excitement. Live each moment in your life with passion bringing joy to the world. Recognize the miracles in everything and everyone. If you lack that daily passion and are torn down by routine you have no one to blame but yourself since everywhere we look and around every corner we find examples of the wonderfulness available to us!

....... mine....... Passion ignites love and keeps it alive. Lasting passion does not come through physical attraction alone, it comes from deep commitment, enthusiasm, interest and excitement. Passion can be recreated by recreating past experiences when you felt passionate. Spontaneity and surprises produce passion. The essence of love and happiness are the same; all we need to do is to live each day with passion.

9- The power of Touch:

Through loving touch and warm hugs, we brake down barriers and we change our emotional states. Have you ever tried holding the hands of a loved one while in the middle of a discussion? Try it and see how you inmediately connect on such a level that anger lessens and peace overcomes you. Humans need each other and we are each other's miracles!

....... mine....... Touch is one of the most powerful expressions of love, breaking down barriers and bonding relationships. Touch changes our physical and emotional states and makes us more receptive to love.

10- The power of Trust:

Act as if the relationship you are in will never end. You should trust the person you are with; if they do something to abuse that trust it is not your responsibility since everybody and everything deserves your best. If they do not value that, move on with a clear conscience and they will one day come to terms with that.

....... mine....... Trust is essential in all loving relationships. Without it one person becomes suspicious, anxious and fearful and the other person feels trapped and emotionally suffocated. You cannot love someone completely unless you trust them completely. Act as if your relationship with the person you love will never end. One of the ways you can tell whether a person is right for you is to ask yourself: "Do I trust them completely and unreservedly?" If the answer is "no", then you must think very carefully before you make any type of a commitment.

http://www.communigate.co.uk/wilts/w...at/page3.phtml
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2006, 06:12 PM
    BlueRose,

Your words are beautiful and those that you so generously share. There isn't enough and can never be enough beauty shared. Thank you for doing so.

Please keep them coming.
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2006, 03:25 AM
    Allheart,

Thank you.
    lil_mandy Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Jan 25, 2007, 05:20 PM
    Great advice from one so wise I do hope people think better and understand what your saying.
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2007, 09:39 AM
    Bumping this thread, folks cause I got a new Space. And because I have received a few PMs on relationship stuff. Hope it helps someone.

Good Morning!
    lil_mandy Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Apr 28, 2007, 08:32 PM
    Your wisdom is very mature a lot of people could learn fro what you wrote.Id say great advice , well for everyone in a relationhship or just with relationships with others in their life should heed this information with the utter most respect and to heart!

Again great advice well done

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Improve presence of mind [ 10 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I want to improve my presence of mind or quickwittedness.Most of the times I don't find the reply instantly of any general talk and I have to stood silent and after sometime I realize that could be one of the answers.Is my mind blunt?

Can someone help me improve on basketball? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm in 8th grade and only 5'2 but I really want to get better so I can make my high school team and I practice a lot but it doesn't seem to work So can someone help me out?

Help improve my son's reading... [ 18 Answers ]

My son is 10 yrs old and now in the 5th grade. He has always struggled with reading but I'm worried that he is not improving well enough. I don't want him to have a hard time, as he gets older work will get harder. Are there any suggestions of workbooks, games, or programs that are a sure thing...

Improve Presence of mind [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there... I am very happy to find such a website... and hope to get some possitive responses... My problems: I can not express to others properly whatever I know very well. I also don't have that much presence of mind... Help me to improve these qualities... I'll be greatfull to...

View more questions Search