Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Megansalem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2010, 12:11 AM
    Questions ask tattoo artist
    My husband is getting out of prison soon, now while he has been in there he got some tattoos. How much more difficult isn't going to be to cover up tattoos done in prison rather than the ones done at a shop?
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2010, 07:16 PM

"Jail-house tats" as they are also known can be difficult to cover up, usually they are done with pen ink and something sharp. Which can also lead to ink poisoning. It may cost a little bit more than just getting a tattoo at a tattoo shop but most places are willing to do "cover-up" work for anyone. When you go in, or call the tattoo shop be sure to mention that you are looking to cover up tattoo's. Depending on how long ago the tattoo was done also determines if they can or will cover them. If its been done in the last few weeks they may ask you to wait to ensure that the original tattoo has healed completely thus lowering the chance for scarring.
    Also please insure that the tattoo shop you are going to practices safely. With clean instruments, brand new needles, new gloves and is a sterile environment
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2010, 07:35 PM

Not a direct answer to your question but I wanted to alert you that your husband should be tested for HIV and hepatitis and you should not have unprotected sex with him until you have safe results, as transmission of both are risks with prison tatoos. Hepatitis in particular is a particularly high risk for individuals who have served time and tatoos are a key way in which it is transmitted. He probably is fine, but the diseases are sexually transmitted, so I wanted to make sure you know about the risk and can proceed carefully.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask a tattoo artist [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I want to get a tattoo and I know exactly what I want to get.. I'm wondering how I could explain to the tattoo artist easily... and am hoping that it won't look that tacky.. u know what I mean.. I want a tiger tattoo but not the face or paws.. just the fur.. It would start from my upper...

Beoming a tattoo artist [ 1 Answers ]

I am a very decent artist right now need to know how I can gain experience that is required to work in most shops but can't get it because the shops won't let me work in there without that experience?? please answer?

How Do You Go About Becoming a Tattoo Artist? [ 1 Answers ]

My son just turned 18 years old. He is very good at drawing and is interested in becoming a tattoo artist. I am wondering what he needs to do in order to do this?

How do you become a tattoo artist? [ 2 Answers ]

How do you become a tattoo artist please let me know if you know anything?:D

View more questions Search