Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mitchsc Posts: 802, Reputation: 7

Jun 7, 2010, 04:23 PM
    Dmailer 3.0 or 3.1 Backup Software
    Is anyone using it?

Any good?

Any issues?

Dmailer Backup ? Portable Mac & free PC Backup Software ?Secure file protection

Thanks...
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Jun 11, 2010, 01:14 PM

OK the first 2 gigs are free I spent 5 minutes and didn't see a final cost for anything over 2 gigs. I am sure they are not offering more than their advertised 2 gigs for free and I am always suspicious of any vendor that dose not put a price out fount. Checkout some of the other vendors at least you will know the cost up front.

That being said online backup is a great thing. It keeps a copy of your data where one threat cannot take out your primary and backup datasets. You should have three data sets your primary and two backups your backups should be on two types of media and one of the backups should be off site.

Good backup procedures

Mozy
    Corbonite
    mitchsc Posts: 802, Reputation: 7

Jun 11, 2010, 06:42 PM

Thanks cmeeks.

I'm sorry but I guess I wasn't clear. My focus is using the Dmailer software to back up to an external hard drive. I have not yet considered the off site aspect.

Have you used Dmailer? I am interested in how / if it functions as advertised, and without problems.

I can't find a single review from anyone who has actually used it.

The company's tech support group has been very responsive, polite, and knowledgeable (via email).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Time machine backup software capabilities [ 1 Answers ]

Can time machine software back up on 2 external hard drives to provide a duplicate hard drive backup? This hopefully would provide insurance for one hard drive failing..

Backup Software [ 7 Answers ]

I bought a utility called Rebit Backup Software. It has been compared to Mac's Time Machine. It does the following: - Creates backups to external hard drive. - Images entire hard drive once a day automatically. - Creates daily Recovery Points of disk image so you can roll back PC to an earlier...

Good Backup Software [ 6 Answers ]

Recently I have started having computer problems and have decided it is time to start backing up my data to one of my external hard drives. Does anyone know a good program that is relatively cheap? (less than $20) Thank you!

Hard drive backup software [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased an external hard drive and I am looking for a good backup software that will allow me to backup my c drive and restore it when a problem does pop up. Any suggestions

View more questions Search