Jun 7, 2010, 11:36 AM
    Arc Flash violation penalties are high
    Ouch!

http://www.apwu.org/news/webart/2010...pdc-100605.pdf

EDIT: Tried to change the title
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2010, 11:51 AM
    Kiss, it is Arc Flash that is trying to be protected from, not Arc Fault.

The fines will be negotiated down some, but the contractor will pay dearly for not providing the proper training and personal protective equipment and insulated tools to his/her workers that needed to work on energized gear.

What a dumbass thou, doing work like that in a US Post Office. The OSHA office was probably upstairs in the same building!

OSHA has adopted and follows NFPA 70E, to the letter.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2010, 01:24 PM

I changed the title. Yep. Arc flash. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arc Fault [ 1 Answers ]

Can a GFCI outlet be used on an ARC Fault circuit?

Arc Fault Circuit [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Only when using my portable generator, the arc fault circuit (for Master Bedroom) keeps tripping.. Do I have to do anything extra?? Details: Coleman powermate 5kw Maxa ER Plus (pm0525312.17) Using the L14-20 receptical with Floating Neutral 10/3 W/ground Bus Drop cable (35 ft) to...

Arc Fault circuit [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3-wire home run to the panel which supplies 2 circuits. One of the circuits supplies a bedroom and I want to comply with the arc-fault breaker protection rule. Square D indicates the common neutral will cause the arc-fault to trip. Is there a solution to this? Bob

Bedroom arc fault [ 4 Answers ]

I know that bedroom circuits need to be on an arc fault breaker. If I have a light switch in a bedroom that operates a light outside the bedroom such as an exterior light, does that switch also need to be on an arc fault breaker? Thanks

Arc fault breakers [ 4 Answers ]

I am wiring bedrooms and I know that in California the outlets need to be on an arc fault breaker. 2 questions 1. would there be any problem in wiring a couple of recess lights in the bedrooms on the same circuit with the outlets? 2. There is an outlet in the hallway opposite and outlet in...

View more questions Search