Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    girliem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2010, 09:21 AM
    I am madly in love with my husband's best friend and I have told him how I feel.
    I am madly in love with my husband's best friend,I even told him how I feel and he kissed me but I am afraid of the results.What do I do
    cindychick06 Posts: 68, Reputation: 9

Jun 7, 2010, 09:27 AM

Wait, who did you tell how you felt? Your husband or the best friend?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2010, 09:47 AM

Stop now before anything else happens.

Ask yourself what is missing from your marriage that is causing you to seek it elsewhere.

Be honest with your spouse,as hard as it is going to be.

You have cheated,you may not have had sex,but you still cheated,the only way forward and to resolve the issues in your marriage is to get everything out in the open.

Consider marriage councilling,and leave your husbands friend alone,you have both being disloyal,and betrayed your husband.

Many marriages have survived through hard times,but you have to want it to work.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 7, 2010, 11:04 AM

You leave your husbands "best friend" alone. Then you have some communication with your husband. There must be something going on or not going on at home to lead you to someone else.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jun 7, 2010, 11:07 AM

Sounds to me like the problem isn't that you're in love with your husband's best friend. It sounds more like you have problems with your husband.

Why are your eyes wandering around? If it's not your husband's best friend, it will probably be another man.

You should be spending your energy trying to repair your marriage. If the marriage can't be fixed, then maybe it's better to get a divorce, but you shouldn't be setting up for a future rebound now.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 7, 2010, 09:27 PM
    How exactly did you fall 'in love' with your husband's best friend? At what point did you cross the line, and why couldn't you stop yourself.

Your husband deserves both a more loyal best friend, and he also deserves a wife who doesn't fall in love with said friend.

That you think you are in love, and find it so easy to betray your husband, what has happened to the marriage vows. What has happened to your dignity, and what makes you think that because you think you are in love, that it is okay to cheat.

Is your husband's best friend married?

Do you and your husband have children? How long have you been married, and have you ever cheated before?

If your goal is to do the honourable thing, and tell your husband what you've done, he may or may not forgive you. But, that is a consequence to your actions.

If you carry on a relationship with another man while you are married, you deserve everything you get, which will likely be disappointment when the infatuation wears off.

I don't know why you need to ask what to do. You've already done it.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 7, 2010, 10:27 PM

Do the words "Til death do us part" mean anything to you?

Also, if this guy kissed you, he's not your husbands friend, not at all. Neither of you are.

You got married. You made a commitment. Keep you pants on, go home, and build a life with the man you married, not his so called friend.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2010, 11:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by girliem View Post
    i am madly in love with my husband's best friend
    I think you'll find it's called Lust , and it doesn't last forever

I even told him how i feel and he kissed me
    Geez , he sounds like a real good friend to your Husband :rolleyes:

but i am afraid of the results.
    I would be too , 1st you'll lose your Husband, then his former friend will probably use you , and when it's all over you'll have lost everything , including your reputation.

What do i do
    You honour your vows to your Husband and leave his friends (and anyone else for that matter) alone and concentrate on making your marriage work , if you aren't in Love with your Husband at least have the decency to end it first and give each other time to heal before entering into another Relationship.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jun 7, 2010, 11:40 PM

Once you have 'crossed the line' and cheat on you mate in reality you have cheated yourself. There is also something called honor. And that is something that should be valued. A long time ago a wise person told me that you will have many temptations we all do but "if you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything." When you dishonor your vows you dishonor yourself.

And Friendforu178 is correct decency is important in our lives. This sort of action on your part only shows that you have given in to a selfish temptation not caring who it may hurt. If you continue this sort of action you will lose any honor you may have left and hurt many that are involved including yourself.

The 'joy and excitement' of the moment will not stand the test of time believe me. Even if this progresses to some sort of 'relationship' with your husband's 'best friend' someday he will ask himself "if she left him for me....when will she leave me for the next adventure?"
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 10, 2010, 08:19 PM

Why ask strangers what should you do when your husband can tell you better than we can. Ask him!
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2010, 09:01 PM

Too late now. I hope your husbands "best friend" at least has enough sense to leave you alone.

Leave the "best friend " to his own devices and start working on your marriage.

Is this "best friend" married? You need to sit down and think of what you have done and what it could lead to.

I'm thinking if your husband finds out he'll want neither of you.
    cebu5760 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jun 24, 2010, 05:26 PM
    'But love is blind and lovers cannot see. The pretty follies that themselves commit; For if they could, Cupid himself would blush."Don't judge her harsly, she is just in love, but girl, what you need to do is search your soul for the answer to your problem. You need to look for a quite place and think like you've never done before in your life.If you still love your husband and he is good to you then work it out but if you don't love him anymore then break it up first before you go to this guy whom you think you are in love with.I said think , not feel, you noticed.He probably have all the attributes your husband is lacking, right? He probably also say all the right words, right? he's a player.If you can't think then write it down, all the pros and cons. Pray really hard too.Try this too, stay away from the best friend for six months, no calls , no visits ,no party, then after six months re=evaluate yourself, OK? Good luck and don't cross that line any further than what you've done already.If that guy is for you, he will wait for a while until you are able to sort it out.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2010, 07:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cebu5760 View Post
    'But love is blind and lovers cannot see. The pretty follies that themselves commit; For if they could, Cupid himself would blush."Don't judge her harsly, she is just in love, but girl, what you need to do is search your soul for the answer to your problem. You need to look for a quite place and think like you've never done before in your life.If you still love your husband and he is good to you then work it out but if you don't love him anymore then break it up first before you go to this guy whom you think you are in love with.I said think , not feel, you noticed.He probably have all the attributes your husband is lacking, right? he probably also say all the right words, right?,he's a player.If you can't think then write it down, all the pros and cons. Pray really hard too.Try this too, stay away from the bestfriend for six months, no calls , no visits ,no party, then after six months re=evaluate yourself, ok? good luck and don't cross that line any further than what you've done already.If that guy is for you, he will wait for a while until you are able to sort it out.
    Leave the other guy alone!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In love with Husband's best friend [ 24 Answers ]

I just recently got married to my high school boyfriend of six years. We have a two year old so together and have never been apart. My husband is the "perfect" man. He is sweet, funning, hardworking, great father and wants everything for me. My husband and I share a close group of best friends...

Madly in love with a straight(?) friend, driving me crazy, today he said "I love you" [ 1 Answers ]

I know there are probably a million similar topics to this one on here, but I am stressed out my mind and don't know where else to turn to. I am madly in love with a friend of mine who has confused me to the point of I don't know what to think anymore. I am gay, and he now knows this. He's the...

I'm in love with my husband's best friend [ 6 Answers ]

Let me first start by saying I met my husband and his best friend the same day. We were all in our teens and they were both vying for my attention. I was unaware of this and began dating my now husband. We were married a week after my 18th birthday and ten years later we have two children and are,...

Falling in love with boyfriend/husband's best friend [ 13 Answers ]

Ok, so I tried to type this up once and it was a novel let me try to list the major points instead: - I had an excellent childhood. My adolescence has been riddled with sexual, emotional, and physical abuse from the romantic men in my life from the age of 13 - My current ex (Mark) has been a...

View more questions Search