Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cyndi322 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2006, 01:21 PM
    Looking for my 401
    I need help if any one has any information to share, I would greatly appreciate. I have money invested in a retirement from a job I worked at about 5+ years ago. Since I quit, the medical clinic has closed it's doors. I can not remember the name of the retirement funds that we used and would like to find out where it is. Any advice on how I can find my 401K? Thank you in advance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 10, 2006, 02:56 PM
    They should have been sending you a fact sheet every year, of how your money was doing, so I would hope and assume you keep some record of it.

Also who owned the medical clinic, contact them and ask.

Go back to your previous years income tax filing, assuming also that you also keep those going back at least 7 years, you would have those form 5 years ago where you included that deduction on your income tax??
    cyndi322 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2006, 06:07 PM
    I have Never received any information on my retirement. Does this mean I was not fully invested and have since lost it?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 13, 2006, 06:35 PM
    Its possible, but there is another alternative. Plans have to register with the IRS. You can go to them and ask them to give you info on any retirement accounts listed for your social security number.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401(k) for non-residents [ 1 Answers ]

I'm retiring (62) after 10 years in NY and will become a NRA living in Spain as of 1/1/07. In order to avoid paying taxes on any withdrawal of my 401(k) I am proposing to do a direct rollover to an IRA and then purchase from there an immediate annuity period certain (say 5 years) without, I...

401 k [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a penalty for borrowing on a 401 k?

401 (a) Plans [ 3 Answers ]

Are there folks out there who have had experience with 401 (a) plans? I'm a trustee and wonder if a 401 (a) wouldn't be better than a 401 (k). Thank you.

Transferring a 401 [ 2 Answers ]

I have an account with Valic about 100K in it, it is in a retirement 401 started with my old co. I have moved to a new job, they have a 401 k with BBand T. Should I transfer the original 401 or just start a new one. If I leave the original I can not add to it right? What's the best way to have...

401 k portability [ 2 Answers ]

I have been working with a company for 2 years and joined the 401k plan only this month (Jan 2006). I have decided to change companies ,what will happen to the amount deducted from my paycheck towards 401k this month.Can it be transferred to the new companys plan. Iam very new to this 401k...

View more questions Search