Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxlullabyxx Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2010, 06:53 AM
    Heart beating irregularly
    Hi,
    Im 18 years old female and am about to turn 19 this July. These past 2 years I have had very weird heart beating. It occurs for about half a minute each time. It feels like my heart is skipping a beat, and it is suddenly beating very very fast. Whenever this happens, I feel like I am about to choke and suddenly I cannot breathe. I have done some research but there are just so many I can not decide. Some said it happens when people experience anxiety but whenever this happens I'm always just sitting on a couch at home very calm. Could anybody tell me what is wrong?
    p.s my mom and my older sister also have the same problem but it happens to my mom when she is tired and to my sister when she is in small space.
    Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 7, 2010, 06:55 AM
    You will need to see your doctor and have an EEG done to determine exactly what this is. Sometimes a holter monitor worn for a few days is also necessary.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2010, 06:55 AM

Did your mom or your older sister ever get checked over by a doctor? You also need to get checked over to make sure there is nothing series going on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heart-I hear you beating [ 4 Answers ]

I know this song was recorded by Wayne Newton, but somebody else also did it and was more popular. Anyone know Who it was?:confused:

I fed my kitten a bit of dry food and now her heart is beating fast [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I tried feeding my 1 month old kitten a little bit of dry food for 1month old kittens, I put 6 on my hand and she ate like 5 of them then she spit it 3 of them.. now her hearbeat is going really fast though she seems to be okay playing with her brother. What should I do?

What to do if my dogs heart is beating very fast [ 3 Answers ]

What do I do if my dogs heart is beating very fast?

Heart is beating too fast [ 1 Answers ]

OK for the past two days my heart has been beating at 120 bpm that is my resting. I feel like I am having difficulty breathing and I don't know what to do. I am going to schedule an appointment with the doctor but is the any otc meds I can take to make me calm down? Thanks Lauren

View more questions Search