Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michellemichelle18 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2010, 05:41 AM
    Trying to find the name of a movie where two dogs rescue a kidnapped boy
    I think it is part of a three-movie series. I remember watching it when I was younger.. one of the dogs is a little golden terrier type dog. The family is a rich family, and the parents leave the son at home - he is listening to music when the kidnappers take him.
    They lock the maid in the closet - the dogs have to follow and save the boy - which they do.
    I am trying to use some of the pieces of this film in a short-video I am making (heroic canines - I'm also using 'Lassie' and 'Old Yeller') for Multimedia Studies. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the film or even who was in it!
    Please help!
    straydog Posts: 898, Reputation: 210
    Movie Expert

Jun 7, 2010, 07:05 AM

Possibly,.

Benji
    (74)
    michellemichelle18 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2010, 12:04 PM

No.. No it's not Benji.. I love watching Benji! That film always makes me cry. It's quite an old movie, I think.
    Thanks for your help, anyway :)
    pluckyflamingo Posts: 220, Reputation: 17

Jun 8, 2010, 12:48 PM

Bingo, Far from home - adventures of yellow dog, homeward bound, all dogs go to heaven, beethoven. I am still looking but you may just want to check these out, they may be what you are looking for.

Jun 8, 2010, 12:52 PM

How long ago did you watch the movie, just so I know how recent it might have been.

Jun 8, 2010, 12:57 PM

Also I know you say it is not Benji but there are several remakes of the movie and it sounds pretty similar to what you are looking for
    straydog Posts: 898, Reputation: 210
    Movie Expert

Jun 8, 2010, 02:02 PM

Maybe you can find your mystery dog
    Among these canine stars

YouTube - Tribute to Movie Dogs - Rin Tin Tin Lassie Benji Asta Toto +
    Auk29 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2011, 07:19 PM
    Is it possible that the title is Little Heroes, because I've been looking for a movie by that name and your description fits it perfectly? THe only problem is that I can't find it anywhere.
    Auk29 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2011, 07:25 PM
    So actually I did find it and yes it is called Little Heroes and here's the description.

Former tobacco company employee Harry Burton prepares to leave for Washington, D.C. to testify against his former employer in a lawsuit that could deliver a serious blow to the cigarette industry. Harry and his wife say good-bye to their son, Charlie, and dogs, Samson and Hercules, and depart for the airport. Two hired thugs sneak into the house and grab Charlie to force his father into altering his testimony. But, the thugs' plans are quickly thwarted by the two dogs. Through a hilarious battle of obstacles and traps, using every bone, fishing pole, and electric mixer within reach of their paws, the dogs turn the tables on the thugs, saving Charlie and allowing Harry to give his testimony... honestly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kidnapped boy for 18 years movie of the 80's or 90's [ 3 Answers ]

Boy that is kidnapped as a baby while his mother was taking a shower, then he is raise by the lady that kidnapped him, the he discovers that his real mother is his teacher with who he doesn't get along that good, and who he thought that was his mother is about to die because she is sick.

Movie name - 1985 - kidnapped boy in NYC - cop finds in yard of old person house [ 1 Answers ]

Movie name? Seen on HBO in 1985 - boy kidnapped, everyone gives up searching, one cop keeps searching, finds boy, someone kidnapped him to sit with old relative, boy is sitting in yard when cop comes

Need to find the movie with a kidnapped girl [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the movie with a little girl that was locked away in a basement room/cellar. The little girl does not talk and a woman comes to her rescue. But the woman is chased throughout the house by vicous black dogs and she escapes through the window. There is more to this movie, but this is...

A boy goes into a taken-over school to rescue his little sister [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, this is a movie about a rebellious teenage boy who takes his little sister to her school. (a scene is he is riding on his skateboard threw the school, and he pinches I think a teachers butt.) When later on he finds out her school is taken over by some sort of terrorist or something like that....

Rescue dogs [ 1 Answers ]

We acquired a rescue dog (chihuahua), that is, a dog kept in its kennel all its life by a puppy mill. We were very concerned to discover the other day that the dog was eating its own feces. Apparently there are certain animals in the wild -- types of snowshoe hares for instance -- that re-cycle...

View more questions Search