Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    murph752005 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2010, 09:58 PM
    Changed starter on my 98 grand am now it won't start.cranks over but won't start
    I changed the starter on my 98 grand m with the 2.4 engine .now it won't start. Check all the fuses seems to be in order but won't fire up just cranks over
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jun 7, 2010, 03:58 AM

Does the check engine light come on when the key is turned on?
    It should come on and flash for ten seconds or so and then remain steady till the car is started.
    Is there an aftermarket security system installed on this car?
    Check to see if any codes were set during the battery disconnect.
    Also, make certain the cable are clean and tight at both ends.
    jdjohn84 Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Jun 10, 2010, 08:38 PM

And make sure no vacuum hoses or sensors are disconnected after the starter replacement work. Wondering if someone left something loose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Truck cranks but won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2003 GMC sonoma 2 wheel drive 4.3 v6. I just got a fuel pressure gauge and when I turn the ignition on the gauge reads 60 psi so I think my fuel pump is good. Now I am trying to figure out if it's a crank or camshaft sensor or the fuel pressure regulator but I don't know where they are...

Engine Cranks but won't start [ 5 Answers ]

I drove my 97 eclipse gst with 53000 miles the other day and parked it shortly after. It would not start again. Engine would crank but would not start. I checked fuel pump, works when turning the key. I checked fuel rail and it is receiving fuel. I checked spark on all wires it is fine and plugs...

I changed my key lock cylinder out, now the car cranks but won't start.what did I do [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 95 honda civic. I changed the key lock cylinder and now my car only cranks and won't start, is there something I could have done wrong that would cause this? I only disconnected 3 pieces off the assembly to remove it... one wire clipped in the other 2 were connected to plastic pieces...

97 honda won't start/cranks won't fire [ 1 Answers ]

My fuses are good. car won't fire but cranks and its getting gas. It was fine I shut it off and 5 min later nothing

My 92 civic cranks but won't start! [ 4 Answers ]

OK so here's my problem. I have a 1992 honda civic ex and I went out to start my car one morning and all it would do is crank but not start. I hooked up a stereo system in it the night before so I thought that could be the problem so I unhooked it and it still didn't start. So I thought maybe the...

View more questions Search