Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DCooper10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2010, 08:50 PM
    How to get custody of a sibling
    I'm now 19 years old, and I just graduated high school. I have a half sister who lives with my mother in Kentucky. Sadly, my mother tries to push her responsibility of raising her child onto other people and my sister's father is starting to do the same thing. How can I go about getting custody of her so that she can have a better childhood than I had?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2010, 05:40 AM

How old is she? It's been done, but it's difficult. You have to have your own place to live, employment which can support you both, the emotional stamina to raise a child.

You would start with an Attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gaining custody of a sibling [ 3 Answers ]

My sister wants to come and live with me, but I have no idea where to begin to getting her. My mother is, and always has been, somewhat unstable. At first, she had an issue with drugs, first pot. She was arrested for that and put on probation while my sisters father (who is not on her birth...

Sibling custody [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was put in foster care, his mom had another child about 4 years ago and is going down the same path she did before, I was wondering if there is anything we would be able to do to get his 4 yeard old brother to come live with us? We have a stable living condition he is in the army and I...

Custody of a sibling [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, so my fiancée is supposed to be moving to KY and attending NKU college with me, however before he was able to move he had court dates with his family because his step father hit his mother and his little sister after his sister had gone through a surgical procedure on her head for lumps on her...

Sibling custody [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to get custody of my younger sibling. She is in a foster home and I'm going to be 19 and I would like to get her. How do I do that?

View more questions Search