Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bkguitar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2006, 11:20 AM
    Hard drive cicuitboard damage
    I work in a recording studio... I forgot to turn off the computer when plugging in the power to the dvd writer a spark happened... then dicouvered the hard drive below on the same cable is not working... somehow the wrtier sent a spark down the belt which went into the main recording drive which was on the same cable in slave mode.

The writer works ,the cable works the motherboard works but not the main recording drive which has a customers 2 years work on it...
    Can I replace the circuitboard with out the data being erased.
    What should I do.
    Sincerely bk
    choplogik Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 06:38 PM
    It is possible yes, only problem is you'll have to find an exact model of said hard drive via e-bay or whatever. I have done this many times...
    bkguitar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 07:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by choplogik
    It is possible yes, only problem is you'll have to find an exact model of said hard drive via e-bay or whatever. I have done this many times...

Thanks, now I discouvered, there's a loud clicking noise... coming from the drive.. I called a few labs they estimate the heads and platters must be changed or something, possibly rewrittinf firmware as well.I tried a same model # drive circiutboard and the same thing happened... I believe the board is not damaged as we tried it on the new drive and it worked.I just don't know what to do...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hard drive problem [ 7 Answers ]

I tried to start up my computer, but I only got clicking sounds from the HD and an error message that it could not detect the boot device. Does that mean my HD is broken? Can I still recover the data from it? I have a 4 year old Dell Dimension desktop.

Hard drive [ 3 Answers ]

How do I transfer all the information from c drive to d drive?

Hard drive Capacity [ 3 Answers ]

?? I have Microsoft Windows XP operating system. I have a 40GB hard drive that shows only about 7GB capacity. How do I fix this problem without losing my data. I don't have a zip drive to backup everything. Please Help!?

Hard drive Capacity [ 2 Answers ]

?? I have Microsoft Windows XP operating system. I have a 40GB hard drive that shows only about 7GB capacity. How do I fix this problem without losing my data. I don't have a zip drive to backup everything. Please Help!

Trying to format my hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a new 40 gig maxtor hard drive and I partitioned it and installed win 2000 on one of the partitions. I want to format the the other partitions and was unable to do it in my computer and right clicking the drive and selecting format. I was unable to do it in dos as well... How do I do it?...

View more questions Search