Cant ssi be size for payback child support
    Ssi garnishmet
    mongito Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2010, 07:59 AM

Can ssi be garnish for child support
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 6, 2010, 08:00 AM

Since you posted under disabilities which one are we talking about? SSI or SSD? They are treated differently.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SSI benefits and Child Support for Adult Child. [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know if a parent can still be obligated to pay child support to a severely disabled adult child for the life of the child? (even if the child is receiving state benefits) we are in Cali...

Child Support for adult child receiving SSI [ 5 Answers ]

My divorce decree states that my child support continues until graduation or age 19, whichever comes first. My son had seizures when he was a baby and was on medication until age 10. After our divorce the ex managed to enable him to get SSI payments. He has recently turned 18 and I know she is...

SSI Benefits and Child Support for Disabled Adult Child [ 3 Answers ]

I am the father of a 19 year old disabled daughter (learning disabilities). Her mother has been collecting child support for the past 14 years, but our CA Court Order ends child supoort at age 19. Her mother is now in the porcess of taking me back to court to continue the Adult with Disabilities...

Does he have to payback child support? [ 1 Answers ]

I have twin girls that are 4 months old. Their father that I have been friends with for 10 years is threating to sign his rights away on them so he doesn't have to pay me child support. He has 4 other children with 2 different girls. I honestly don't care if he signs his rights away because I can't...

View more questions Search