Imusuallyright Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2010, 07:20 AM
    Who founded america?
    Who founded America and why?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2010, 07:27 AM

'Ancient' map could prove China found America first - Times Online

I googled your question (is this homework?) and discovered many sites covering this question.

The most recent bening that china discovered america way before columbus.. its worth a look.

If this is a homework question it's a good idea to first post what you have discovered yourself,posters are usually happy to help if you can show your willing to put in the work.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2010, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Imusuallyright View Post
    Who founded America and why?
    Hello I'm:

The United States was founded by our "founders", who are people like George Washington, and Thomas Jefferson. They did it because they wanted to be free.

AMERICA, on the other hand, is a continent and never was "founded", as such. The closest thing to "founding" America, would be the arrival of Homo Sapien upon the scene.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 6, 2010, 08:19 AM

Assuming this is homework, you need to read your text book that the teacher wants this from. There are various opinions as to who first came to the American Continent ( beyond the people who were already here that we took it over from)

Even then on the founding of it, you get the version that has purified any religious teachings out of it.

So if this is homework again, if you want to actually pass, you will have to answer this in the manner of the type of school and its polictical view points on the subject
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jun 16, 2010, 05:12 AM

America was originally founded by the phoenicians.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2010, 12:09 PM

I was taught that the founders of "America" (short for the USA) were the very people who signed the original Constitution.

If you are talking about the continents or using "America" as slang for the continents, well, then it's different.

If you are talking about who discovered "America," then it's a different story, too.

Need more info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Religious belief is founded [ 33 Answers ]

I'm 17 years old and I'm struggling with my religious belief and I'm not saying there isn't a higher power its just hard for me to see it in my life. I can easily see how someone who was not educated in Sunday school question god, but I've been going to Sunday school and what-not my entire life and...

Lend america [ 4 Answers ]

How credible is Lend America in loan modification?

What are the implications for America? [ 21 Answers ]

Fidel Castro is stepping down, and it looks like his brother's going to take over. Here's the story I saw: Castro resigns as Cuba's leader - Focus on Cuba - MSNBC.com So what might this mean for America in the short and long term? Do you think that free travel will be a possibility? Most...

Colonies in america [ 15 Answers ]

Why are there no colonies founded in america between 1634 and 1670?

Only in America [ 5 Answers ]

Only in America 1. Only in America... can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance. 2. Only in America... are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink. 3. Only in America... do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their...

View more questions Search