Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DKB41 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2010, 07:48 PM
    I accidentally put about 1 gallon of Diesel fuel into a 92 ford explorer,
    I put one gallon of Diesel fuel into a regular unleaded 92 ford explorer.

The tank is empty, should I fill the car with high Octane gas and some cleaners, or drain the tank?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2010, 07:57 PM

Drain the tank, in order to not have unintended consequences; e.g. ruined catalytic converter and oxygen sensors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a 04 6L Ford diesel. Is there a fuel heater or block heater it is not working. [ 2 Answers ]

Where is it located and are the hard to replace

Ford f350 2000 turbo diesel,is mixing diesel in to the cooling sistem [ 1 Answers ]

Ford f350 2000 turbo diesel,is mixing diesel in to the cooling sistem(with antifreeze) nothing with the oil.the engines is working properly.I remuved from the radiator one gallon of diesel.what kind of problem my truck has.

1993 Ford Diesel will start up in the morning then shut down like it ran out of fuel [ 1 Answers ]

1993 Ford Diesel will start up in the morning then shuts down then it takes about 5 to 10 minutes for it to start like nothing ever happened

Ford f250 7.3 diesel fuel leaks Disel [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Ford F-250 7.3 And is leaking fuel by the fuel filter, I have replaced the filter and is leaking. Please help.

Fuel system 6.0 ford diesel [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the water seperator release valve located on the ford f350 6.0 diesel, year 2004

View more questions Search