Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ssparks Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2010, 06:56 PM
    Is it safe to run the central air at night if the fan motor is going out
    The fan on my central heat and air unit shuts down when it gets hot during the day, but when it gets dark it runs fine. Will it be safe to run the air conditioner at night before replacing the fan motor?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2010, 07:16 PM

If it runs then it will be OK, the worst that can happen is the motor will just stop working.
    ssparks Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2010, 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshdta View Post
    If it runs then it will be ok, the worst that can happen is the motor will just stop working.
    Just wanted to thank you Joshdta for answering my question. Unfortunately the fan motor quit completely. Got me a 5000 BTU till the part comes in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My central heat and air unit is blowing cold air. The fan cycles on and off but no he [ 3 Answers ]

My central heat and air unit is blowing cold air. The fan cycles on and off but no heat. Really cold today

If you have central air and heat,does the outside unit run when the heater is on [ 3 Answers ]

We live in Florida, and for the first time, we had to turn our central heat on. Its only several years old. I know nothing about it. My question is does the outside unit run when the heater is on? It makes a lot of noise when it starts up

Central air conditioner fan motor stops [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My central air conditioner works fine un till the fan motor outside starts to slow down and stop. What I do is to go outside to the fan motor and push the blades forward , while kicking the breaker on un till it starts to speed up again. Am I going to have to get a new motor and how...

Is it safe to run #10 wire 25 feet to a 30 amp air conditioner/heating unit [ 2 Answers ]

Want to run #10 gauge wire 25 feet to a large window unit that heats and cools. Is the distance too far for #10 wire.

View more questions Search