Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cupKate Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2010, 05:09 PM
    Should I date my best friend?
    I'm feeling really conflicted.
    See me and the guy I'm interested in have been bestfriends for two years, through thick and thin etc.
    I've liked him on and off narly the whole time but never acted on it as we've both had different relaitonships over this time.
    But now I have feelings for him and he has feelings for me so here's the dilemma:
    I've turned him down once and I know if I do again I'll kick myself because I'm never going to find a guy who would treat me as good as him
    We're both in similar circumstances and also share another best friend.
    But I'm scared that I'll screw it up and that he'll end up hating me or that it will irreperably change things with the other best friend.
    I want to go for it but I'm not sure?
    In put?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2010, 08:54 PM
    Hi, cupKate!

Are you both currently in intimate relationships with others, please?

Thanks!
    SimpleguyJoe Posts: 302, Reputation: 68

Jun 6, 2010, 06:48 AM

Well you have a fork in your road, go for it and possibly lose a awesome friend or ignore it and not strain your friendship. Most relationships go awry at one point or another. Do you really want to risk it?

Who knows it may be worth it, I would talk to him some more about it and find out what he really thinks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do my best friend want to date me? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey everyone I'm new here so... anyway I like my best friend which iz a girl and I'm a girl... I really like her but I don't know if she likes me... she is straight and I just came out about me being bi... she knows I'm bi but she flirts with me every day in school. Iz this a sign that she likes me...

To Date the Friend of Someone Your Seeing [ 13 Answers ]

I've been seeing this girl for about a month and a half. She used to date the guitarist of my band, and is now dating me, unbeknownst to him (I think). The long and short of it is that I'm not into her at all and never was. We have nothing in common except for the fact we both know her...

Asking A friend Of my ex for a date [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My ex has a friend that I get along with well and I really like! I think that she is against dating her friends ex's,(so I'm told by my ex) but I think that given the chance, we would really hit it off! I have talked to her lately and asked her to call me sometime and maybe we could go out...

Should I date my best friend? [ 3 Answers ]

I have known him for 5 years now and we both hang out with the same people... there are 4 of us and we are all best friends... I wanted to know if we shouldgo out... me and him are notthe kind of people to willingly shar our feelings and yet we all talk to each other about everything... I don't...

View more questions Search