Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mike22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2006, 08:48 AM
    Veins
    Hi, it all started in the summer when I had extreme stress levels. I've been to the optician but she said there was nothing wrong. However, veins are now prominent in both my eyes when they never used to be; they appeared one morning when I woke up in the summer. Also, I get little black spots around my vision now and then; and I also get headaches. They'r enot full headaches, they just affect a part of a brain with a few throbs of pain then disappear. They're very frequent, occurring in different parts each time. Furthermore: I sometimes have tingling feelings in my arm, which is a symptom of migranes. Do any of you have any idea what's wrong?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2006, 09:01 AM
    I hope you see your medical doctor who can refer you to a neurologist. If for nothing else, to rule out such things as an aneurysm. What you describe with the black spots and headaches can be indicators of a stroke. I do not say that to scare you, believe me, but to tell you that you really need to see a medical doctor. Only that professional can really tell you what is or is not going on.

Best luck to you.
    Jnkmeiwes Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Dec 16, 2006, 08:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike22
    Hi, it all started in the summer when I had extreme stress levels. I've been to the optician but she said there was nothing wrong. However, veins are now prominent in both my eyes when they never used to be; they appeared one morning when I woke up in the summer. Also, I get little black spots around my vision now and then; and I also get headaches. They'r enot full headaches, they just affect a part of a brain with a few throbs of pain then disappear. They're very frequent, occuring in different parts each time. Furthermore: I sometimes have tingling feelings in my arm, which is a symptom of migranes. Do any of you have any idea what's wrong?
    An optician is not a licensed medical personnel. I would talk to an opthamoligist. I work at a renowned eye institute as an opthamalic technician in the retinal dept and the floaters, (black spots ) can be a sign of many retinal problems. I don't want to scare you cause it could also be nothing to do with the eyes. But if it were me I would go see an ophthalmologist which are practicing medical doctors. Optometrists just write scripts and diagnose, opticians just fill glasses. SO I would check with my Medical doctor. Hope all goes well
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2006, 02:59 PM
    Hi there,

Did you go to your doctor? An ophthalmologist? A neurologist? Has your stress level declined? Your blood pressure returned to normal?

In short - how are you doing? Hope all is well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can see blue veins around my eyes [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys I'm new to this site and looking for some help. I'm 25 years old and in the past year I have noticed the skin around my eyes get thinner and now you can all the blue veins around my eyes. Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone recommend any products to use? Its so embarrasiing...

Blue veins under my eyes [ 111 Answers ]

Ive always had these really dark blue veins under my eyes. I went to the dermatologist today to see about getting laser treatment done to get rid of them. The doctor told me as with all procedures there is risks but that since its so close to my eye there's serious risks. I was just wondering if...

Veins in Hands [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. Recently I've noticed that the veins in both of my hands are acting up. I can see them much easier than before and they seem to be pushing up on the skin somewhat. Similar to veins on someone who's totally ripped, but trust me I can assure you I'm not ripped. Anyway, I'm 17, and I was just...

View more questions Search