Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nadski Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2010, 05:03 PM
    How do I know if this is a keloid?
    Okay so in the ending of January I got my bellybutton pierced. I started to get really stressed and I guess I got a bump around the piercing. I left it in and tried cleaning it but nothing really worked. My parents do not know about my peircing so I didn't know who to go to. I ended up taking it out like two weeks ago because I was fed up, and I don't mind peircing it again later on when I'm 16. Im 15 now. Anyway my question is, how do I get rid of the bump? Im going to dominican on the 18th of June and I reallly don't want it there.. were taking pictures and its going to be really embaressing. Im using tee tree oil now and soaking it with a cotton ball and hot water. Any suggestions? Please please help, I think it got smaller, and should I use polysporin? Or bactene? Please help. I don't think it's a keloid cause its really small it just looks more like a bump. I just got chamommile tea or w.e you call it and just put it on. Will that work? Please help. Ill add some pictures and by the way my webcam is really crappy lol and my stomach isn't the greatest so don't judge please..
    http://web13.twitpic.com/img/111356381-ef43a74b3c1cf6760556c1a748cf85e1.4c0ae500-full.jpg
    And
    http://web8.twitpic.com/img/111356944-7b23120316271295449844bd1e2a172d.4c0ae500-full.jpg
    One more
    http://web8.twitpic.com/img/111356944-7b23120316271295449844bd1e2a172d.4c0ae500-full.jpg
    Your help is greatly appreciated right now.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 6, 2010, 02:26 AM

A keloid is a raised scar and unless you get some really expensive treatments, like laser surgery or cortisoidal injections, you are stuck with the keloid scar.

Tick
    nadski Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2010, 08:05 AM

Okay but you didn't tell me if it was or not.. lol.. and it became smaller from the hot cammomile tea
    emmalem Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jun 27, 2010, 07:36 PM

Unfortunately, my computer isn't allowing me to view the pictures. I'm 21 and I've had my bellybutton pierced since I was 18. When I first had it done, it healed properly for about a year and then it started oozing pus and formed a little bump at the top hole. The bump eventually healed from using savlon antiseptic spray which the piercer suggested, BUT I was left with the smallest amount of skin holding the piercing in so I took it out. I think you were right to take the piercing out. Try savlon spray or a similar antibacterial spray. Maybe germaline. Hope this helps! (I carried on cleaning it with savlon and eventually got it repierced with no trouble at all!)
    emmalem Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jun 27, 2010, 07:37 PM

Also - Keloids are usually skin coloured, whereas an infected bump or granulomas are usually red/sore. You should go back to your piercer to see what they think.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2010, 02:15 PM

I couldn't get your pictures to come up either. It's probably normal, but I agree that you need to check back with the piercer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get rid of a keloid [ 4 Answers ]

I got my belly button pierced in December and now sinc elike 2 weeks ago I have a bump right next to the top hole it feels kind of tender but it also feels like there liquid inside it, it hurts if I press down on it, but other then that it doesn't hurt so much. What is it and how do I get rid of...

How do I get rid of a keloid? [ 4 Answers ]

How Do I get rid of a keloid?

Is this a Keloid? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm thinking it's a keloid. I really hope it isn't. I got my nose done about a month ago. Probably a week an a half after, I almost ripped it out, from the stem getting caught on my towel. A week after that it came out, some how. Since I got it back in, there was a small bump. Which got a little...

Is this a keloid on my nose piercing? [ 3 Answers ]

So I got my nose pierced about 4 odd weeks ago and this happened. I think it might be because I tried to put a ring in it too early and it got snagged a couple of times which hurt quite a lot. Could this be a keloid? Or is it just scarred tissue? If it is just scarred tissue then how could I go...

Keloid Removal [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get rid of a keloid without taking my belly button piercing out?

View more questions Search