Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GregoryStoudt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2010, 08:21 AM
    How do I change my business from a sole preprietorship to joint ownership
    I have house cleaning business and when I started and registered the business in March my wife and myself weren't married so I have it currently listed as a sole preprietorship now that I am married I want to add her as a joint ownership.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2010, 08:25 AM

Hello G:

If you live in a community property state, by virtue of your being married, she is your equal partner. If you don't, you can enter into a general partnership agreement. You can probably buy a generic one at Office Max.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Establishing a sole preprietorship as an resident alien [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, My question is: Can I, as an resident alien with F1 student Visa, establish a sole proprietorship to export electronics from the USA? If I can, What forms should I fill out? Where could I get the required forms and to which department should I apply for establishing this kind...

Joint Ownership [ 19 Answers ]

My husband and I married for 4 now. His been divorced for 8 years and in their Property Settlement Agreement they joint ownership the house and land. What is the best thing that he need to do to protect me if something happened to him? We live in Arkansas. I am looking forward for your good advise....

Joint ownership [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased a home with my exhusband where we both lived for 4 years he put the money down to get us in, while I paid the majority of the joint bills. He has been abusive in the past and I left due to his hot temper with myself and 16 year old son. Now he says he can sue me for the downpayment...

Looking to go from Sole to Joint Mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone... Happy new year by the way! I'm currently looking to join my mothers mortgage, and was wondering how I would go about doing that, ideally it wouldn't be a half and half sort of arrangement(more 30/70 in her favour), is it just a case of my mother saying that she wants someone...

View more questions Search