Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rosie605 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2006, 07:03 AM
    Collecting on a lien
    I have a lien against an ex-employer. (He tried to take over a small AM radio station but failed) Anyway, I took him to small claims court and since he failed to comply with the payment plan ordered by court I now have a lien against him for almost 5k. Will I ever see that money? I checked the Polk County (FL) clerk of courts and was able to still see the judgment and I realized it's been about 2 years now. Someone told me I had to make sure I register or book the lien in any counties I think he may be residing so that if he applies for credit it will show up? Is that true? Please help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 10, 2006, 08:33 AM
    I will assume you have a judgement from the court for almost 5 K, since a lien would mean you have placed a lien against his house or property for that sum of money

And I don't understand about the radio station since attempted business take overs are common place and not illegal.

But if you have a judgement, you need to find out where he has his bank accounts and get a attachment from the court for the money he has in that bank account.

If he is employed by a company you can get an garnishment of his pay check
    rugbug Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rosie605
    I have a lien against an ex-employer. (He tried to take over a small AM radio station but failed) Anyway, I took him to small claims court and since he failed to comply with the payment plan ordered by court I now have a lien against him for almost 5k. Will I ever see that money?? I checked the Polk County (FL) clerk of courts and was able to still see the judgment and I realized it's been about 2 years now. Someone told me I had to make sure I register or book the lien in any counties I think he may be residing so that if he applies for credit it will show up? Is that true? Please help.
    First, you have to find out where his assets are. His bank
    Then you go to the that bank and show the court order and ask to deduct it from his accounts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Book collecting [ 3 Answers ]

1. When collecting books, how can you verify a certificate of authenticity for a book signed by author? What should it look like and who issues it? 2. If a book is in new, never used condition what effect does a black mark made by a magic marker on the external edges of pages have on it's value?...

Collecting on a personal judgement [ 3 Answers ]

I received a judgement against a contractor. How do I go about making sure that judgement shows up on his credit? Can I file the judgement in the county he lives in too? Can his wages be garnished? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Collecting a judgement [ 14 Answers ]

Won a judgement bk in oct 2004 and have not received any money from this person he owns a trailer park and in 2005 he let his friend be partner with him in the trailer park.I did a notice of writ which I took out in June of 2005 what that do I do not know.but that is what the courts told me to do I...

View more questions Search