Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kruges562 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2010, 08:11 PM
    Heat pump 18 seer goodman We have a five ton and had to undo wires of the motor
    We have a 18 seer 5 ton goodman heatpump. We had to undo the wires from the fan motor to the board. I need to know where the wires go
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2010, 08:16 PM
    Does the heatpump have a model number?

The wiring diagram should be on the side of the motor

Jun 4, 2010, 08:19 PM

We found the wiring diagram but we had the motor wired wrong we had a yellow wire hooked up in the wrong spot then saw the diagram. It won't turn on now what might that have screwed up
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2010, 08:24 PM
    What did the yellow wire go to when it was wrong, what now does it go to after moving it?

Jun 4, 2010, 08:51 PM

What does the yellow wire do? What could it have burnt up

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Condenser Fan Motor Wiring for Goodman AC Heat Pump 3 Ton [ 5 Answers ]

Condenser Fan Motor Wiring for Goodman 3 Ton -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello Everyone, I have a GOODMAN A/C Heat Pump Model# CPLE 36-1 installed 3 years ago. Last week I turned the unit on, the compressor hums (not run)about 3-5...

Help with Universal Fan Motor Replacement on a Goodman Heat Pump [ 15 Answers ]

My old fan motor had a 3 wire set up. Brown -> Cap, Black -> contactor, Purple -> Circuit board. My new replacement motor has a 5 wire set up. Green and white -> ground? Brown ->?? Brown/White ->?? Black ->? And White ->? From what I understand, the B, B/W will go to the new capacitor, and I'm...

2008 4 ton Goodman heat pump doesn't switch into electric strip heat? [ 18 Answers ]

OK even when its 17*F out I can still here it running at night. So is this a problem? I mean it runs non stop.

How to wire a goodman 3 ton 13 seer to a rth3100c [ 4 Answers ]

my wires are BLUE-x,YELLOW-y1,RED-r,GREEN-g,ORANGE-o,WHITE-w1,BROWN-w2, where to wire these wires to a RTH3100c

Air handler seer 10? WIll it be OK with a seer 13 heat pump. [ 1 Answers ]

We are replacing our old heat pump... the air handler was replaced 4 years ago and is good condition. Everyone wants us to replace our hole unit and we really don't want to put out that much $$ at this time. Can we just replace the Heat pump? Or do we have to replace both. Everyone says they...

View more questions Search