Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2010, 06:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jpbuzzworthy View Post
    Clarification. I didn't mean the Chest pains were "no Biggie" I meant going to the doctor was "no biggie". We are talking to a young person who likely is afraid of doctors (or would have already gone). I was trying to ease her mind that it's no big deal to just GO. Since it's Chronic, I think it was sound advice to not put undue stress on our emergency system, and make an appointment with a Doctor or Urgent care facility. Just trying to create good habits in her now while she's young. We all know how many people use the ER as a doctor's office.

I'm not trying to argue with anyone, and I hope anyone who reads this response can see i'm just trying to help.
    We are trying to convince this young lady to go get checked out ASAP. On a weekend, when most doctor's offices are actually closed for business. What if something terrible happened to this young lady while she waited to get an appointment with her doctor, instead of going to the emergency room, like most parents would recommend to any child?

I somewhat understand your concern. But not in this case. This is not the removal of a wart, or slight swelling on a finger.

Try writing a letter to your newspaper editor concerning your issue with the healthcare system. Instead of trying to instill good values in someone else's child.

She didn't come here for life values. She came here for help with CHEST PAINS.

You know nothing of this young lady, and her habits.

Raise your own children if you have any, and please stick to the question at hand.

And yes, I do see that you are trying to help. And I see that you are a new member. But you are not a doctor. And that's the most important thing here.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2010, 07:39 AM

JBuzz... You are apparently not a doctor. I don't think you're a nurse. I don't believe you are a car salesman.

What is puzzling to me is you seem to know a lot about nothing.
    If you were having chest pains, I"ll bet my Granny's bloomers you would be at the ER in ten minutes.

If you were the one paying for this young ladys ER visit..then you would have a reason to gripe.
    You're not. Her parents I'm quite sure are capable of doing that.

You have grown offensive when someone doesn't agree with you and I've learned from the few months I've been here you need to learn when to curb your temper.

This is an Ask Me Help Desk and there are many good people here who know exactly what they"re talking about. Think before you respond. I've had to do that many times...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2010, 09:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    JBuzz...You are apparently not a doctor. I don't think you're a nurse. I don't believe you are a car salesman.

What is puzzling to me is you seem to know a lot about nothing.
    If you were having chest pains, I"ll bet my Granny's bloomers you would be at the ER in ten minutes.

If you were the one paying for this young ladys ER visit..then you would have a reason to gripe.
    You're not. Her parents I'm quite sure are capable of doing that.

You have grown offensive when someone doesn't agree with you and I've learned from the few months I've been here you need to learn when to curb your temper.

This is an Ask Me Help Desk and there are many good people here who know exactly what they"re talking about. Think before you respond. I've had to do that many times....

I'm going off topic and I admit it - it is easy to become offended if you start waiting to be offended. I appreciate that this site is purely the "typed" word, no facial expressions, no voice inflections, nothing like that. I have become offended and PM'd "What is this?" and found out that no offense was intended. Maybe it's happened to all of us.

The secret (I think) is staying in communication, not holding a grudge, dropping "it" when it's over, not continuing a feud with veiled (or semi-veiled) references and having mutual respect.

Kit, I was so concerned when I answered the "photo on the casket" thread you posted that I PM'd you in advance - fortunately you had already read it and appreciated the humor and where I was coming from. (In fact, you enjoyed my comment as much as I enjoyed your post.) It's all about TRYING to remain calm (and I admit I very often do not).

You get back the attitude you dish out - once I got called the Queen Bee by this person, all gloves were off.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 5, 2010, 09:57 AM
    I'm sorry y'all, but I have to agree with Buzzworthy here, and I AM a medical professional.

This is chronic pain existing for approximately 2 years now. It also is in the middle of the rib cage suggestive of possibly acid reflux or even simple gas. This is NOT a medical emergency since it is chronic and sporadic.

Too many people use the ER for a doctor's office, I see it every night while I work. While they are symptomatic during the day, they frequently wait until the offices are closed and come to the ER only to be told to contact their primary care giver in the morning during office hours.

If this were not chronic or sporadic, that would be a different story, but considering Emop's age and the length and timing of the symptoms, she would be safe to wait to see her doctor.
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2010, 10:58 AM

Can everyone please stop arguing on my thread... I really don't think this is an emergency because of how long it's been going on...
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2010, 11:07 AM

J_9... I'm glad you posted. You are a nurse and you do know what you're talking about. For someone to give someone advice... when they don't know what their talking about is very dangerous.

It would be like me answering a question in "how to fix a car".JBuzzy has been extremely rude to people on other threads. I'm glad someone in the professional medical field did respond. You are a very good nurse and you always give sound professional advice.

You do know the ins and outs of the medical field. I don't think JBuzzyshould give medical advice unless, like you, he knows what he's talking about. I don't think he knows anymore about the medical field then I do. I know nothing about it.

Not to say I have never answered a question in a field I know nothing about. I have. Glad you posted.. . My concern was Jbuzzy seemed to care more about the cost than the kid.
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2010, 11:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    J_9 ...I'm glad you posted. You are a nurse and you do know what you're talking about. For someone to give someone advice....when they don't know what their talking about is very dangerous.

It would be like me answering a question in "how to fix a car".
    This OP has been extremely rude to people on other threads.

You are a nurse and you do know the ins and outs of the medical field. I don't think the OP should give medical advice unless, like you, he knows what he's talking about. I don't think he knows anymore about the medical field then I do. I know nothing about it.

Not to say I have never answered a question in a field I know nothing about. I have. Glad you posted. ....My concern was this OP seemed to care more about the cost than the kid.
    OP.. Isn't that original poster... isn't that me?
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2010, 11:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxEmOxXxPrInCeSsxXx View Post
    OP.. isn't that original poster... isn't that me?
    Emop... You know how scatter brained I am... I edited. Sorry sweetie... No it didn't mean you... Far from it. Glad you brought it to my attention... Hugs
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2010, 12:10 PM

And a good example of asking before jumping to conclusions.

How are the chest pains today?
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2010, 12:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post

Emop is a pretty smart kid... Guess Buzzy got a little heated. :D
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2010, 02:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post

So far none today. It usually occurs after A LOT of stress
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 5, 2010, 02:23 PM
    These pains could be caused by anxiety
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2010, 02:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxEmOxXxPrInCeSsxXx View Post
    Can everyone please stop arguing on my thread... I really don't think this is an emergency because of how long it's been going on...
    It is on a public forum, which makes it important for everyone to see. You might look at it at arguing but these issues that have been brought up are very important to discuss. Whether you see the importance in it or not. At least the Thread is thriving.

Anxiety can cause many different type of symptoms. Too many too list. Since you notice that these happen during periods of stress then it is a safe guess to say that anxiety could be a factor. Still though I personally would like you to get a chest x ray and check up to be on the safe side.
    jpbuzzworthy Posts: 47, Reputation: 4
    -

Jun 7, 2010, 07:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I'm sorry y'all, but I have to agree with Buzzworthy here, and I AM a medical professional.

This is chronic pain existing for approximately 2 years now. It also is in the middle of the rib cage suggestive of possibly acid reflux or even simple gas. This is NOT a medical emergency since it is chronic and sporadic.

Too many people use the ER for a doctor's office, I see it every night while I work. While they are symptomatic during the day, they frequently wait until the offices are closed and come to the ER only to be told to contact their primary care giver in the morning during office hours.

If this were not chronic or sporadic, that would be a different story, but considering Emop's age and the length and timing of the symptoms, she would be safe to wait to see her doctor.
    I am here. I also see that everyone is pretty much agreeing with what I said, which means it was the way I was delivering it that was the problem. I'm not a medical expert. I am an expert in Finance, Business Management, and yes the car business, from repair to General Management. I'll likely keep my advice to the opinion type posts and the automotive and finance posts. Sorry we all got off on the wrong foot.
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2010, 09:17 AM
    I am here. I also see that everyone is pretty much agreeing with what I said, which means it was the way I was delivering it that was the problem. I'm not a medical expert. I am an expert in Finance, Business Management, and yes the car business, from repair to General Management. I'll likely keep my advice to the opinion type posts and the automotive and finance posts. Sorry we all got off on the wrong foot.
    I didn't agree with what you said. I accidentally hit the agree button. I don't think you're right. People are vulnerable when they're scared and you actually are worried about undue stress on the health care. Take a look around . My Aunt went to he Doctor at his Office for a visit, he told her nothing was wrong, it was anxiety or indigestion. She died that night of a massive heart attack.

You need to think before you reply... Everybody's not out to beat the system and we do not live in a police state. You are in in charge of nobodys life but your own. You were wrong in this thread, just as you were wrong in almost all of the others. By the way... everyone didn't and doesn't agree with you. If you are in charge of Health Care or ER visits please, let me know.

I would not go on a medical site telling someone anything about medication or try to diagnose a problem. I know nothing about the medical field and neither do you. I do know that heart attacks sometimes present themselves in different ways. Maybe a doctor should come here and tell what he thinks about this. Until you are a doctor or a nurse or medical worker.. you need to think before you respond.

I don't agree with you on anything , because in my opinion you are a pompous, overbearing know it all.
    jpbuzzworthy Posts: 47, Reputation: 4
    -

Jun 7, 2010, 09:52 AM

Kit and Judy. I happen to suffer from Anxiety Attacks that present like Heart Attacks, so I have a little insight into this. But you guys basically aren't going to listen to anything I say at this point, so I guess there's no point in trying to apologize, OR explain why I commented on the thread in the first place.

EDIT: PS- If you have comments you'd like to make to me not related to this thread, you should take it to PM.
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2010, 10:09 AM
    Kit and Judy. I happen to suffer from Anxiety Attacks that present like Heart Attacks, so I have a little insight into this. But you guys basically aren't going to listen to anything I say at this point, so I guess there's no point in trying to apologize, OR explain why I commented on the thread in the first place.

EDIT: PS- If you have comments you'd like to make to me not related to this thread, you should take it to PM.

Anxiety attacks are horrible and when you or me or anybody else has one and it's a bad one... if the doctors office is closed and you are scared and thinking you're dying... I don't believe you're going to worry too much about what it cost.
    What I was saying to you is don't tell anyone what to do if they're sick and you don't know anything about what's wrong with them. There are Doctors and Nurses and other medical people on this site to do that.
    As far as the ER that's everyone's own business and not yours.
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2010, 10:40 AM

Yes, anxiety attacks are horrible. No question there. Would I attempt to make the decision whether it's anxiety or cardiac based on postings on the Internet? No. Health care professionals have stepped in and said it's not an emergency. I would have erred on the side of caution.

Again - my late husband had three silent heart attacks. I don't fool around with chest pains IF they've never been diagnosed as anything - anxiety, acid reflux, cardiac.

No need to apologize? I haven't seen an apology for the name calling - if you are talking to me.

Otherwise - I am done with this thread. It has turned to bickering and is not the least bit helpful to OP.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2010, 12:04 PM

Honestly,

Personally I do not think You or Kit has helped this thread at all.

Buzzworthy was completely correct medically speaking in all his posts on this thread and he was swarmed. He apologized and wanted to move forward.

I work in health care. J9 is a nurse and has experience and agreed in the assessment.

You both over reacted and contributed to this thread getting personal.

I can speak about anxiety as well. I think we can all suffer from it from time to time. Or in different degrees.

So let the next POST BE ABOUT how the doctor appointment goes from the OP.
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2010, 12:21 PM

And I see no reason for your "disagree" when you have made yourself very clear here.

Point well taken - I will contain my remarks to "Buzzy" to the legal thread.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chest pains [ 5 Answers ]

Sometimes when I breath ill get a very sharp pain in my chest right under my left breast, it feels like light stabbing or something, I'm not quite sure what I can compare it to, when I get it it lasts for a couple hours and hurts when I laugh and cough too... and if I take deep breaths to try to...

Chest Pains/Breast Pains [ 2 Answers ]

My breathing is fine, but my chest area hurts sometimes .. Im not fully sure if its my breasts or chest, it feels like both sometimes .. I had sex 4 days after my period, unprotected !x But I know I can't be pregnant, even though i get my monthly after every 42 days for 7 days .. I have purple,...

Chest pains [ 2 Answers ]

For the past 2 weeks I have had serious chest pain. When I burp it feels better for the moment but comes back quickly. Have a little shorness of breath. Also pain in my upper back when I tilt my head back. What do you think?

Right chest pains [ 6 Answers ]

Iam 36 years old I recently was put on medecation for high blood pressure .My ? Is I have been having sharp pain on the right side of my chest only the right side should I be worried about the pain in only occurs when I am up

View more questions Search