Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iluv3mykids Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2010, 06:42 AM
    What r the steps to a step parent adoption
    The bio logical mother signed her rights over, I've done the case study and criminal background what r my next steps
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2010, 06:51 AM

Are you working with an agency or a private Attorney?

Jun 4, 2010, 08:29 AM
    I am adopting my hubsnads son, we had an attonery but she just keeps wanting money after money. I have had my son sience he was 6 weeks old he is now 5. I have the following already, requlishments of rights, home study and criminal background
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2010, 09:44 AM

This can be dangerous without correct legal advice - I would not proceed without an Attorney. I'm not just creating business for the legal industry. It's a fact. Have you tried a second Attorney?

Jun 4, 2010, 10:11 AM

No, I talked to the judge and he said that I can finalize it on my own. Ive done everything I just need my final decree
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2010, 12:24 PM

Okay, what State?

Jun 4, 2010, 12:29 PM
    TEXAS

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step Parent Adoption/Possible with one absent parent Kansas [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Kansas and I am soon to be the mother of a baby girl, however my significant other is not the biological father of my child, I need to know what steps to take to make it possible for him to be her father. My situation is this: I got pregnant one night by a man that I knew little or...

Step parent adoption [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question regarding my husband to adopt my 5 yr old son which we have been together since I was 4 months pregnant with him. My sons biological father has never been around and has stated he doesn't want anything to do with him. He wants to volunteerly sign his own rights away. I was...

Step parent adoption [ 3 Answers ]

I am terminating my children's biological fathers rights. He hasn't been in their lives at all. He's in and out of prison. My husband has been their "daddy". He however has a previous felony from a long time ago when he was 19. I was just wondering if there were rules on step parent adoption. I...

Absent parent contesting step-parent adoption [ 11 Answers ]

My husband is attempting to adopt my daughter (age 11), he has been her dad now for about 9 years. The biological father has not seen his child since she was 5 months old and never paid child support. I have a child support order and a permanent restraining order which was granted in Kansas, 1997....

Step parent adoption [ 2 Answers ]

A person adopts there spouses child from a previous marriage. If they devorce does the adoptive parent owe child support of does the bio parent that gave up rights owe child support

View more questions Search