Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    margie1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2010, 06:32 AM
    How can you take a child away from a primary care spouse
    She has been depressed over three years and has turned her responsibilities for child over the family members. She now met a guy in New Orleans while on spring break; he moved to TN where she lives and moves into the home with the 7 year old daughter. He took total control of the house and the child the second day he was there. He has several arrests in others states for DUI's, speeding, mariuana possession and several assault and battery charges over the last 20 years and is on probation for DUI now. He is a control freak and the spouse is not in the mental state she was several years ago. She has been diagnosed bipolar by a therapist. She married the guy after only knowing him 31/2 weeks. He makes all the decisions for the child.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2010, 06:55 AM

What is your relationship to the situation?

If the child is in danger you MUST report the situation to the local Child Protection Agency.

If you are a parent of the child (and your screen name indicates you are not) you can file for custody.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is a prisoner aloud to have rights over spouse, when spouse is not able to care f [ 2 Answers ]

Why is spouse that is in prison, for 28 years, aloud to have the rights over their spouse, when spouse can not take care of them self?

Can spouse be responsible for spouse outside child [ 2 Answers ]

In Florida I hear there is a law that if your spouse has a child outside of the marriage, then the other spouse woould be responsible to support the child. Is this so?

Can a convicted felon lose primary residence of their child? [ 2 Answers ]

I have received a summons for paternity and related relief. My child, (whose 2 yrs old) lives with me. I have been recently convicted of a felony:violent crime; which is petitioner's reason why it would be of best interest my child live with him ,I only would get visitations. Petitioner was the...

New GP Contract and primary care products [ 1 Answers ]

How does the new GP contract affect the promtion of a Pharmaceutical companies primary care products?

View more questions Search