Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beanster Posts: 69, Reputation: 2

Dec 10, 2006, 07:11 PM
    No,I filed for adjustment of status so I can work.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2006, 07:19 PM
    File for divorce. Go to your doctor and get tested for hiv/aids and hepititus and others. Then move on. I do not understand why you are still with this person.

Joe

Dec 10, 2006, 07:30 PM
    Because I could not work!I am German and he is American.My status had not been adjusted as I had no money for the fees and the paralegal and my husband didn't give me the money but complained that I did not work and on and on it went.But once I have the permission to work I will file for divorce.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2006, 09:42 PM
    Once you have permission to work. You need to file divorce now. Filing for divorce. There are lawyers there are programs to help people have legal advice for low or no income earners. All your doing is procrastinating but all of this is you and your decisions alone how to handle each situations. Good luck with everything. Let us know how everything is.

Joe
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Dec 10, 2006, 10:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by beanster
    i asked him if he wanted divorce and he tried to change the subject but i kept on asking and finally he said that he doesn't know.

My thoughts are that he DOES know, he just doesn't want to be the 'bad guy'. Hes probably waiting for YOU to make the decision so its not 'really his fault'...

That's just my first impression with what his responses are to you. He seems to not want to take responsibility for his actions, and wants to avoid making decisions for your marriage...
    Bhavi_baboon Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2006, 11:35 PM
    i asked him if he wanted divorce and he tried to change the subject but i kept on asking and finally he said that he doesn't know.
    Well tell him if he won't take you sireoucly your leaving and go and live with a close reletive make him realise how lost he is without you!

Dec 11, 2006, 12:14 AM
    I have to wait until I get the papers from immigration.I cannot make any decision until then.As it is based on being married to him,I need his cooperation but then I can look for a job and make my own decisions.
    MasonRacin Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Dec 11, 2006, 12:15 AM
    Sounds like your relationship is heading to splits-ville unless you both take some serious steps towards mending the relationship. He may be offended (whether he is or isn't up to no good) at the way you are confronting him about the issue, and even though you may be super nice about it, it just might not be the right approach. You may think you're handling it well but on his end it may be nit-picking. I highly recommend counseling. Also it might sound very cliche' but the infamous book "Men are from Mars....." has a lot of information regarding the way you talk to someone and how they perceive it. If he is cheating, or you suspect he is, the last thing you want to do is point the finger, he will clam right up into defense mode and you'll get nowhere. After you're after that hump, the next is to get him to talk and go from there. If he IS cheating and you think the relationship is mendable, there is a reason for cheating. The reason someone cheats is because they're not getting everything they want in a relationship. Whether its passion, sex, communication or more frequent trips to the movies, there is something lacking. So if you can get him to communicate with you enough to talk over the out-all-night incidents and what's really going on I think you'll be able to get him to talk about what his needs are. I'm sorry to hear about your hubby trouble. I hope my advice helps, and once again I strongly recommend a counselor.

Dec 11, 2006, 08:48 AM
    I had an interesting talk to an old friend of his and learned about a girlfriend he had many years ago where the same thing happened:first big love and then anger,violence and throwing of furniture.It seems it is not so much my fault as more an inability on his part to be realistic and work things out in a sensible manner.It makes me feel better.
    Feeling Foolish Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Dec 12, 2006, 09:46 AM
    It is not possible to have a reasonable talk about our relationship.he accuses me of painting him black and that he cannot do anything right in my eyes.
    I speak from experience when I say that his response it just a way to turn the tables, and make it your fault instead of accepting responsibility for his actions.
    cyberslider Posts: 45, Reputation: 6

Dec 12, 2006, 10:06 AM
    Maybe you should go out with friends and come back at 7:00 the next morning and see how he reacts after doing that a few times

Dec 12, 2006, 10:24 AM
    I tried to talk to him and he also paints his old girl friend in black.So funny as he accuses me of doing that.
    Feeling Foolish Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Dec 12, 2006, 10:35 AM
    Typically the accuser is the one who is actually guilty. If he puts the pressure on you then your going to spend all your time and energy defending yourself (although you have no reason to) instead of focusing on what he's doing wrong.

Dec 12, 2006, 11:04 AM
    He reason someone cheats is because they're not getting everything they want in a relationship. Whether its passion, sex, communication or more frequent trips to the movies, there is something lacking.

Show me a relationship that is perfect... I am lacking in the relationship,too,and so do most people in theirs but we do not consider cheating as an option.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is Wrong with me? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I think I have Problem cause I am never in the mood to have sex with my husband. He wants to most of the time , I never ever want to have sex . I started to feel like this after I had my baby. And its been almost 3 years I've been feeling this way. Its like I hate sex and Feel very dirty or...

Is it wrong? [ 10 Answers ]

I was wondering everyone's feedback on the question is it wrong for man to feel less of himself if his girlfriend has slept with more guys then he has women?Is it wrong for him to want to go out and match her or destroy her total?I haven't been a man to want to conquer the universe until I met my...

Please tell me if I'm wrong [ 26 Answers ]

Hello everyone. It's been a while since I've posted on here referring back to my extremely bad relationship that I was in. Most of you all don't know, but I ended up leaving my abusive boyfriend of six years-back in June. We are still not together. Well long story short, we have 2 kids together....

Dr.wrong? [ 19 Answers ]

I've been on Ridolin for about a year now. Everything was fine. I went to all of my appointments, never canceled a single one. Three weeks ago my doctor decided that I needed to go to a psychologist ( the same one that diagnosed me with ADHD) and also have a psych evaluation done otherwise I could...

What's wrong with me? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm almost 36 years old, a stay at home mother of four girls ages 4-10 and have been with my husband since we started dating when I was fourteen (married for 13 years). I have absolutely no interest at all in sex anymore. In fact at times, when my husband comes on to me, I'm repulsed and feel...

View more questions Search