Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gagirl1987 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2010, 09:32 PM
    Does my ex husband have rights to my chilnif he is not the biological father
    Okay.. I am fixing to get a divorce from my husband.. I have a 2 year old litle boy who is involved in all this.. Seeing how my ex husband is no his real dad, but he has been around since he was about 5 months old up until about 3 months ago and we have lost pretty much all contact with him because he moved away and has nothing to do with him.. I recently heard from him and he is saying he can ge some rights to him in the divorce.. Can he get rights to him if he is not biologial father and not on birth certificate or he did not adopt him..
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jun 4, 2010, 05:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagirl1987 View Post
    Okay.. I am fixing to get a divorce from my husband.. I have a 2 year old litle boy who is involved in all this.. Seeing how my ex husband is no his real dad, but he has been around since he was about 5 months old up until about 3 months ago and we have lost pretty much all contact with him bc he moved away and has nothing to do with him.. I recently heard from him and he is saying he can ge some rights to him in the divorce.. Can he get rights to him if he is not biologial father and not on birth certificate or he did not adopt him..
    It depends on whether your son was born.
    Secondly-he has right to file for third party custody and/or visitation .I do not say he will get custody but he may file...
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jun 4, 2010, 05:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordie View Post
    I very much doubt he would be able to get rights to see him. You are the mother and he is not even blood or biological.
    Tell it to all legislators and judges who enjoys themselves using S.C.Estoppel theory.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What rights does the biological father have over the legal father? [ 1 Answers ]

My baby is 1 year old now. My husband has taken my son on as his own. He has been on his birth certificate since he was about 2 weeks. The biological pretty much kicked me to the curb when I was 2 months pregnant and now he thinks after doing this that he can come and be a part of my sons life...

Non-biological father wanting to sign off rights so the biological father [ 15 Answers ]

I was pressured into signing as the father to my now ex girlfriends baby, she's now back with the biological father and we're trying to find out how I can sign the rights over so that the biological father can have rights of his baby. How would we go about signing off my rights, and would anything...

Biological father not on birth certificate but husband now is does he have rights [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have a 9 yr old daughter.. an her biological father has never been there or supported her.. his name was never on the birth certificate an now I'm married my husbands name is now on the birth cert.. she carries his last name an has supported her since we've been to gether for 5 yrs.. her...

My husband wants to adopt. Can't find biological father. What do I do? [ 1 Answers ]

I have gotten remarried and my husband wants to adopt my two children. Their biological father has not had much to do with them since 20003 and is almost 15,000 dollars behind in child support. The addresses he gave the court during the last divorce hearing are false. How can my new husband serve...

Can my husband adopt my daughter her biological father was never around [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has raise my daughter since she was days old we were married when she was about 4months his the only father in her life the biological father took off after he found out I was pregnant she has my last name and is starting school next year we both would really like her to had our last...

View more questions Search