Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    artigel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2010, 09:18 AM
    Mother leaves infant with friend, grandfather has had the infant in his care for over
    A mother leaves infant with friend, grandfather has been the primary care giver for over a month now. The mother was not providing adequate care to the infant, she was feeding the infant watered down formula and living in an automobile. The infant was neglected and malnurished. In the grandfathers care the child has gained weight and is now functioning as a 4 month old. The mother after 2 weeks called looking for her baby. After a month she actually called concerned of the welfare or her child. The grandfather would now like to get custody of the baby but, is on a limited budget. Where can he get help?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 3, 2010, 09:24 AM

First, he NEEDS to get guardianship of the child. Right now he cannot legally make any decision about the child's care. I would start with the local Family Services agency.
    artigel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2010, 09:57 AM
    There is a safety plan in place with the local child and family services. Because family services could not locate the mother the case has been closed.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2010, 10:04 AM

He should retain a good attorney to help him get custody of the infant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother at play group gives infant sugar on pacifier. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I met another mother at a playgroup I go to with my kids and we were talking about how to calm our babies down when they're upset. She said that she is constantly dipping his pacifier in sugar. I immediately thought this was not a good thing to do. I just wanted to know what other peoples...

Infant custody [ 4 Answers ]

My duaghter is 18 and the father is 17... he comes and visits about once a month and the baby screams unmagaebly he wants to take her away from here is he allowed? Nothing has been established through the courts and he's not on the birth certificate. Although we have done a perternity test.

Infant Adoption [ 4 Answers ]

I wondered if a kid is adopted at birth or early infantcy is he or she usually less likely to care about it later in life? I have a cousin who was adopted and was happy to meet his birthmother recently at age 20 at the birthmother's request. They appear to be getting close as well. In his earlier...

Foster Mother doesn't know how to take care of infant. [ 2 Answers ]

Someone I know had a baby in November. The baby was with drawing. Since she came up posative, the hospital filed a 51A on the mother. Now, it has gone to court, and the judge said that if the baby needs no special equipement, then she is going to go home with her mother to her program, but the...

My infant is always constipated [ 6 Answers ]

My 13 month old girl is always having difficulty passing stool. I have continuously asked the doctor who suggests prune and apple juice, avoiding bananas and rice, and eating oatmeal regularly. This is all great advice but doesn't help. She is against Karo syrup and any suppository. Today...

View more questions Search