Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MAneedinghelp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2010, 09:04 AM
    Non bio dad on birth certificate paying child support
    My fiancé has two children with his exgirlfriend. The eldest is not biologically his. She trapped him into a relationship by saying he was. However he was born of a different race than both the woman and my fiancé. He signed the birth certificate and gave the child his name. The younger child has never been dna tested but there is a possibility that she may be his. He pays child support for both children and is now being informed that he is also mandated to provide them with heath insurance because the mother does not work and takes advantage of many government assistance programs. What can my fiancé do to still be a part of his children's lives but not tied down financially to their mother?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 3, 2010, 09:22 AM

Nothing. He has acknowledged paternity and is therefore, the legal father. Its probably too late to change that now, especially if he wants to remain a part of the girl's lives.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 3, 2010, 10:18 AM

He can attempt to get full custody of his children.

If he is taking care of them day-to-day, then he doesn't pay child support.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jun 3, 2010, 12:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAneedinghelp View Post
    what can my fiance do to still be a part of his childrens lives but not tied down financially to their mother?
    He can do nothing. He was so stupid and now he must pay for his previous actions.DOT.That's the classical "estoppel" example.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want my Dad on my birth certificate (I am adult child of deceased father) [ 4 Answers ]

My parents were never married. My mother listed "father unknown" on the birth certificate, and kept me from my father my entire life. I met my Dad when I was 23 - 15 years ago, and we have had a good relationship since then. My father died two weeks ago, and my mother had nothing but terrible...

How to get child support when father is not on birth certificate [ 4 Answers ]

My son's father and I are no longer together, but he is not on the birth certificate. One of the major reason's why he isn't on the certificate is because our son has down syndrome and with me being the only one on the certificate allows our son to get more therapy lessons and other programs that...

Dad paying child support, but can't see kids? [ 14 Answers ]

IM a good father, who works hard and always provided. Now my children have been ripped out of my life, and have absolutely no contact, don't know where they are, nothing. BUt I am expected to pay not a few hundred dollars, but lots of hundreds of dollars for kids I am NOT allowed to see. She is on...

Can my husband adopt my daughter if the bio-dad is not in the birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have been together for four years and merry for one year. My daughter is six years old about to be seven but the bio-dad has never been around and she has my madden name. Is there any way we can do the adoption with out having to deal with the bio-dad because my husband is in the...

Is he legally responsible for child if name on birth certificate but no bio his [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend is getting a divorce from his wife because she cheated on him while he was deployed to iraq and is now having a child that is not his my question is She has 3 children 2 of the children ared biologicaly his and the oldest one is not bio his but his name was added to the birth...

View more questions Search