Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vtr250guy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2010, 01:37 AM
    My bike over-revs on acceleration before the power is used.
    Hi, I ride a Honda VTR250 and recently dropped the bike. I snapped my clutch lever so I had to replace it and retighten my clutch cable.

Now when I ride, my bike seems to over-rev with normal throttle turning, then the revs drop and I get my usable power. This happens each time I'm in a new gear and I try to accelerate.
    My engine breaking also seems delayed when I change down.

Any suggestions? Does it have anything to do with my clutch cable or is it likely to be a different issue?

Tim
    vibrolux54 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Oct 5, 2010, 04:54 AM
    It sounds like your clurch is slipping, Check to make sure you have the proper play in the clutch cable and at the lever. You want about 1/4" of play at the lever where it meets the lever bracket.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 cavalier revs up very high [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1999 Chev. Cavalier Z24 with 2.4 twin cam. My problem is that since it has become cold when I first start up the car the engine revs very high until the car warms. Also the check engine light came on the same day?

Finding average acceleration and point acceleration [ 1 Answers ]

A car initially traveling eastward turns north by traveling in a circular path at uniform speed as in the figure below. The length of the arc ABC is 260 m, and the car completes the turn in 40.0 s. I need to find the acceleration at a point 35 degrees below the horizontal in terms of vectors I...

Want power assisted bike with weed eater motor [ 3 Answers ]

I want to attach the weed eater that I finally got running to my old mountain bike. I need to know how to convert the high rpm's to more torque. I was thinking that maybe put a propeller on it or directly to the back tire. Need some ideas. Thanks Here are some clips of both ideas: YouTube -...

Honda idling erratic at low revs [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 94 Honda Civic 180E. It has run fine up to now and is serviced every 10 000km. I have a problem now that the car idles uneven at low revs and at idling the revs drop to a point where the car nearly stalls. There was one error code for the MAP sensor. I have replaced the MAP sensor...

Substituting derivative of acceleration for acceleration [ 1 Answers ]

Can the derivative of acceleration be subsituted for a in f=ma?

View more questions Search