Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rachelag Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2010, 05:58 PM
    Replaced contactor and still won't go on.unless I keep the 2 buttons on the contactor
    I replaced the contactor on outside unit it will not go on unless we hold the 2 button like things down. Once we let go it turns back off.. What could it be now

Jun 2, 2010, 06:03 PM
    I replaced the contactor on outside unit it will not go on unless we hold the two button like things down. Once we let go it turns back off.. I would like to no What could it be now and how I could fix it with out it costing me an arm and a leg.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2010, 06:12 PM

How new is this unit? Could have a low pressure switch keeping it from coming on. Is the inside fan running?

Jun 2, 2010, 06:17 PM

Its about 11 years old... The fan only comes on when we hold the button like things down and as soon as we let go it goes back off
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2010, 06:25 PM

The indoor fan?? Do you have 24 volts at the contactor?

Jun 2, 2010, 06:35 PM
    NO the indoor fan is not going on either... How do I check to see if we have 24 volts at the contactor
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2010, 07:11 PM

Then you have a fuse problem at the furnace, or the t-stat is bad. Check ppower at the furnace first.

Jun 2, 2010, 07:17 PM

When we turn on the thermostat inside it clicks on outside unit won't go on.. so we will check the furnace tomorrow.. Thank u for your help..

Jun 3, 2010, 04:17 PM

Can't find fuse on furnace where would it be located?
    Mitchell50 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2010, 04:28 AM
    This is on a weather Kind Gas pack. The contactor click on and off when call for cool. On the 24volts
    Mitchell50 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2010, 04:32 AM

Got a weather King Gas Pack Air conditioning unit. When it calls for cool. The 24volts on the contactor just click on and off. But if I hold down on the contactor button the unit will run.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring a ac contactor [ 8 Answers ]

Im having a problem figgering out where these wires go on my 2 prong contactor I have 2 violet wire and 2 red wires and a black and red wire I've looked and looked and found no giudes or diagrams showing where they go can anyone help me :confused:

Magnetic contactor [ 1 Answers ]

Is the computation of the load of magnetic contactors are the same with circuit breaker load calculation?

Contactor Replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a contactor by GE that has failed, I would like to know if there is a replacement part other than trying to get a GE contactor. Listed below are the info on the contactor: Single phase per pole CR453CB3HBAFG VAC: FLA IRA ...

Contactor Replacement [ 6 Answers ]

I have received my new contatctor and am ready to replace it. There are two sides I see on it. L1 and L2, and T1 and T2. Any advice from the professionals before I swap it out. I am very happy with the results on my new fan, motor, and cap. Only the contactor remains. If the old contactor doesn't...

Lighting contactor [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, can anyone help me with a diagram or schematic on how to control a 4 pole contactor with two 3-way switches and a 4 way switch? Thanks!

View more questions Search