Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dragon94 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2010, 04:29 PM
    Is it legal for an employer to tell employee to take a day off due to enrollment?
    I am a salaried employee at a school. The beginning of the year, enrollment was low. The administrative office told me to take every other Friday off. Is it legal for the administrative office to tell me to take the day off due to enrollment AND then penalize me by taking from my leave time hours what days I didn't work because they told me not to?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 2, 2010, 07:23 PM

Yes, if work is low, unless you have a contract or part of a union, they can change your pay, your hours, benefits and every aspect of your pay if they wish

It is not uncommon in today's economy for employees to be taking 20 or 25 percent pay cuts or taking one to four days a month off unpaid

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can an employer divulge personal employee information to a non employee? [ 14 Answers ]

I was hurt at work and have been off for 6 weeks due to my injury. My question is, can my employer tell a friend of his that I have been off work and hurt, and missing a lot of work?

I129 petition is canceled by employer due to any reasons, what is the on employee. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I have selected for H1B visa process by an us company in March 2007. They filed my case in April 2007. My case is approved in US and I got I129 document. I went to the Chennai consulate in 2008, but the Visa officer is asked Employer details and he gave me the blue form. I was asked...

Joint Legal Custody and School Enrollment [ 1 Answers ]

In a case where a child's parents are divorced, but share joint legal custody, do both parents have to sign off when a disabled child is moved from one school to another? Here is some background: My step son is 11-years old. He has autism and has been attending a private school since he started...

30 day notice due on day of rent per agreement-binding? [ 3 Answers ]

Live in San Francisco. Gave manager of building a 30 day notice to vacate. Put in managers mail box. Landlord says manager received our notice 2 days after rent due date. Lanlord says because agreement states notice to vacate must be due on rent due date,thus unaacceptable and they are charging...

Can a salary employee be punished by unwillingly work an extra day.6th day? [ 1 Answers ]

My employer punishes all salary employees by making them work an extra day a week with no warning... is this legal?

View more questions Search