Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sdelgado831 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2010, 11:29 AM
    Can child support be awarded if the child has been abandoned
    My husband and I are currently sperated and filing for divorce. If I sue him for child abandonment I'm afraid that he won't have to pay child support.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2010, 11:36 AM

Did you read this? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...st-364259.html
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 2, 2010, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sdelgado831 View Post
    ... if i sue him for child abandonment i'm afraid that he won't have to pay child support.
    Ill-founded fear.

Now, what is your question?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

I owe back child support, will child support garnish the whole tax return? [ 3 Answers ]

Will child support garnish the whole tax return?

If awarded child support during a divorce and the father moves back do he still pay [ 3 Answers ]

If awarded child support during a divorce and the father moves back into the house where the child resides is he still responsible for paying the court ordered child support? I am asking because my ex-husband moved back into the house and would only write a check for half of the mortgage because in...

Child support in arrears, non-custodial parent recently awarded SSDI [ 1 Answers ]

I have a case in the Kings County Family Court of New York. The non-custodial parent of my three children has been ordered to pay child support ever since the 90's. He has not paid , and is in arrears ove $66,000.00. In court he claims he can not work or even pay the modification of $25.00 a month....

Paying Child Support to mom who abandoned child [ 5 Answers ]

I'll try to be brief... My 17 year old daughter chose to live with her mom 100% of the time a year and a half ago. My ex drug me through the court system fighting for an increase in my child suport even though I was still paying her (through automatic deduction from my pay check) for my daughter...

View more questions Search