Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Jun 2, 2010, 07:35 AM
    Anyone ever been to a Book Sale at the library?
    Hi everyone! Hope I'm not being a bug but I am really bored right now lol. I need someone to talk to.

There is a book sale that will be going on at a library not to far from my house coming up sometime soon. Has anyone ever been to one? What's it like?
    MandyMarieLove Posts: 70, Reputation: 7

Jun 2, 2010, 07:38 AM

Hey, their pretty nice. They're well organized, have a variety of books to chose from, and sometimes have miscellaneous things as well. I think you like it, their a lot of fun!

Jun 2, 2010, 07:51 AM

Great to hear! This would be my first time going to one (that is if I decide to go). I like reading urban books and love stories so hopefully their all a good price.

Jun 2, 2010, 07:53 AM

Definitely, if you go to the right book sale, you can find the great books, at great prices!

Jun 2, 2010, 07:54 AM

Like what kind of prices are you talking? Lol

Jun 2, 2010, 08:13 AM

Well, I am not sure on the exacts, cause their all different.. But I got the fourth Harry Potter book at one for ten dollars less then at a regular store, a few years back. I guess that's the best example.. lol. I would just say go, and try it out, their nice.. And it's always cool to compare their prices with retail bookstore prices.

Jun 2, 2010, 08:20 AM

That's true! I don't read Harry Potter books lol so I wouldn't even know the regular price at the retail store for that one lol.
    gemini_angel Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2010, 12:45 PM
    I love library book sales! The ones in my area generally have their books priced as 4/$1, but I did go to one last fall that was 10/$1. I'm always interested in older books, so I can just about always find something I want, but there are plenty of new titles available too. Definitely go and check it out!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2010, 04:28 PM
    Hi, HotPotato2009!

Depending on the size of the book sale, the books might be somewhat organized, although not in an exact order like you'll find on the shelves in the library. If there's a whole bunch of books where they don't have room for all of them on the tables and/or limited shelving they might have, you might have some fun rummaging through boxes that have books in them.

A lot of times at library book sales, there will also be old magazines and LP records for sale at a fraction of their original cost.

Most of the time, it's volunteers who run the sales. If you become a volunteer for that sort of thing, you could make friends with some people who are also volunteers who might let you see what's for sale before the general public does. That way, you could be getting the first pick of what you might want.

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 2, 2010, 07:24 PM

I go to at least one every year,

Jun 3, 2010, 07:55 AM

@ Gemini_Angel - Wow!! Really nice prices there! Hope I find something I like within that amount lol.

@ Clough - thanks for that info :-)

@ Fr_Chuck - I think if I like it, Im going to start going once a year also
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2010, 08:01 AM
    So, when is the sale, please?

Jun 3, 2010, 10:19 AM

The sale is this Saturday I believe
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2010, 09:03 PM
    You might want to consider going to the library before hand to see exactly where the sale is going to be located and also seeing if there is anything that you might be able to do to help with volunteering for it, like carrying, sorting, etc. If you are allowed and able to do the volunteering, that will give you an idea as to what's going to be available, and you might even be able to purchase some things ahead of time.

I'm a Friend of the Library where I live. I've carted and sorted books a number of times for sales. Another of the volunteers would even call me, before the sale, to see if I might be interested in some of the books that were for sale.

If you start slow with getting your "foot in the door", you potentially can reap some really good rewards! That is, if you might be interested in becoming a volunteer.
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2010, 01:37 PM
    So, how was the book sale, HotPotato2009?

Jun 8, 2010, 10:30 AM

Well I got my days wrong lol. The book sale is this Saturday coming up. On June 12th.
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2010, 10:39 AM
    Okay. Then you have more time in case you might want to consider getting involved as a volunteer. Only a suggestion about the involvement thing...

Jun 8, 2010, 10:49 AM

Yea thanks. I was already thinking about volunteering. I just never filled out the application yet. I should. I could volunteer for maybe 2 days a week
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2010, 10:53 AM
    If you volunteer, it's also something that you could put on a resume someday as far as what you've done. People who go beyond those things that they are required to do, generally show more initiative and drive and are thus more likely to be successful at being employed to the benefit of a company and themselves.

Jun 8, 2010, 12:08 PM

Yea. Good thought. I just filled out the application :-)

Do you think 4 hours a week is okay for volunteering? I work from 8-4:30 and the library around the corner from my house closes at 8. I was thinking going Thur and Fri from 6-8

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I download a book from rapid library.com [ 3 Answers ]

How do I download a book from rapidlibrary.com. And can you tell me were else I can download this book from. The name of the book is Engineering Mechnics:statics by David McGill and Wilton W King. I really need this book desperately for my project..

Journal entry for purchase and sale of property for sale [ 5 Answers ]

I purchase an apartment for $ 1.7m and paid first instalmment of 250k ,Before the second installment I sell the apartment at the value of 1.9m .Please tell me how to record the journal entry .

How to make iPod library, not just device library? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Ipod that I just got and put on my moms laptop, but now I have a laptop so I put it on my own computer. My library will only show up if the iPod is plugged in and even then it is not my primary library. If I click on the library (at the top of the main Itunes page) no music comes up, to...

View more questions Search