Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2313stephen Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Jun 2, 2010, 06:24 AM
    Aching eyeball
    For a couple of months now I have had an aching eyeball, it feels almost like the eye is stiff and if I've been reading or looking at something for more than a few minutes then I move my eye in a different direction it aches. Its worse when I first wake up and sometimes it feels like the right eye is taking longer to catch up with the left and makes me feel a little cross eyed. Then for the rest of the day the eye will feel strained/achy. It doesn't happen every day which is why I haven't been to see a doctor or optician but has been bothering me now for 3 days. Could anyone offer any suggestions.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 2, 2010, 07:16 PM

My suggestion is to go see your eye doctor. This could be serious. An Optician can't diagnose you as they are not doctors. Please go see a doctor.
    IDOC21 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2010, 05:46 PM

See either an optomotrist or ophthalmologist while symptomatic. This sounds a bit like a scleritis, episcleritis, or some type of iritis. It also may be as simple as presbyopia or hyperopia. It should be an easy diagnosis, however, but you need to be examined.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clear bubble on eyeball [ 2 Answers ]

I have a clear blister-like bubble on the white of my eye, just above my tear duct. It does not itch, just feels as if I have a wad of mucus in my eye. I have not been rubbing my eye.

Aching Back teeth [ 2 Answers ]

I went to the dentist last week and found out I need work on my bottom teeth, I now have a shocking cold with blocked sinus and my top back 2 teeth have started to ache something terrible, the dentist couldn't find anything wrong with my top teeth last week is it possible that the ache is due to...

Oh my aching legs [ 1 Answers ]

When I was little, my legs would really ache. My dad would just say that it is growing pains. Well I am 27 now and still get horrible leg pains. It feels like I have just run a marathon. And I can't sleep when it is happening. Also sometimes they feel like I have the flu. I know that sounds...

Oh my aching back! [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 60 yr old female and3 days ago my lower back just started hurting. I'm very active and had lifted some tables and boxes the day before but had not felt any pain.the pain is not going down my legs and mostly hurts when I move suddenly or in certain ways. What can it be?

Bleeding Eyeball [ 1 Answers ]

Apparently my eye is bleeding, or I ruptured a blood vessel. Everywhere I looked it says its normal, if it's a rare occurrence... etc. Has anyone had the bloody eyeball before? I look like a freak as half my eye is blood red... and my ten year reunion is the beginning of October... Its been over a...

View more questions Search