Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MarMar27 Posts: 458, Reputation: 7

Jun 1, 2010, 11:45 PM
    Does A Uti Cause kidney pain?
    I had a UTI about a week ago, it was very painful to urinate and I was going like every 10 minutes to the bathroom, all the burning and pain is gone, but now a week later I have kidney pain on my left side... well I also had it when I was told I had the UTI except it was on both sides all over my back it was BAD, now its just on one side... Could this be more than a UTI, more like a Kidney infection?. I am going in tomorrow for another urine test.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 2, 2010, 06:47 AM
    A kidney infection is a UTI. We have lower UTIs (bladder) and upper UTIs (kidneys). Were you put on antibiotics?

Jun 2, 2010, 11:12 PM

I was but the side effects were horrible so I stopped them and been taking natural stuff oregano oil and probiotics with cranberry... I went in today and they did another urine culture and I got to wait on the results but I am in pain right now and nautious I don't know if I should seek emergency care

Jun 4, 2010, 11:25 PM

The kidney pain has stopped. If the infection is still there would the pain still be there? Or it could be asymptomatic? I had the urine culture done on Wednesday and they have not called me, they usually call if something comes back abnormal.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2010, 11:46 PM

Did they tell you how long until you should expect the results? I'd call just to confirm. Definitely better to know than to take a risk with your health

Jun 6, 2010, 03:00 PM

I called on Friday and left a message and no call back, Tomorrow I will be calling again if they don't call.
    kelz72312 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2013, 05:07 PM
    I have been having the same pain but I still have the pain when peeing, it burns so bad and just 2 days ago I had pain on my left side my kidneys I'm guessing but now its on my right side and its my back and side and stomach when I walk is when it is so bad because I guess my foot is putting pressure on that one side of my back and it hurts like crazy I took one macrobid and the side effects was crazy, so I haven't taking any more of them so I have been trying to find a lot of stuff online to tell if it help besides the antibiotics they barely help me...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Throbbing kidney pain [ 1 Answers ]

I recently started having painful urination. The painful urination went away, and then I started to have throbbing, pulsating pain in my flank area. The flank pain switches from the right side, to the left side. Sometimes it affects both sides. (The pain when I urinate comes and goes.) If I have to...

Kidney stones blood no pain [ 1 Answers ]

I was awaken at 3am had blood in pee then went back to yellow after 5 hours of getting up and peeing.

Kidney pain or pulled muscle? [ 1 Answers ]

A week ago I was sitting on the floor drilling a hole horizontally. I was really pushing on the drill with my chest when I heard a pop and felt a sharp pain in my right kidney area. I assumed a pulled muscle or ligament etc. The pain got progressively worse as the days went on. The 3rd day I was...

UTI medication not working and pain in lower back is bad [ 7 Answers ]

I am 36 weeks pregnant with my first and I have a UTI, I have had it for about a week and half I am not medication but its not helping. My pain is getting worse in the front lower abdomen and lower back, is their any home remedies I can take or do so pain lightens up, I know the baby has dropped.

View more questions Search