Ask
    lostgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2006, 01:32 PM
    Why doesn't anyone like me?
    Im 16 now and I've got to the point where I want a relationship,
    But I've never had any interests,
    I feel its my fault that I don't get out enough to look for guys,
    Most just become my friends :) ,
    I like a certain guy but I am really shy about talking to him, he works with one of my friends.

I really would like to know him but I can't help thinking that he won't like the way I look,
    I always feel that guys judge me,
    I feel really depressed and I always make excuses up like 'he won't like me I'm fat' I don't like saying things like that but I think its true

Please help me find my feet :confused:
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2006, 01:42 PM
    Honestly what is your rush. Your sixteen. It does not have to be now. It can happen later on. As far as being shy, this is normal. If you do not ask this person then you do not know what could come of it. A relationship is for adults. Dating is for your age. Keep it light. Oh, by the way, best way to get to know somebody and have it develop into more in the future is to have friendship form first anyway. Those relationships last longer then lust.

Joe
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2006, 01:54 PM
    Hi Lost,

Do you know how many girls at age 16 think like you... Most if not all. To be honest, I was one of those 16 year olds. Oh there wasn't enough corners in the room for me to hide:) Shy, oh my.. that was me. But you know what, I was really okay with it. I knew I was shy, very shy, and I just accepted it. I didn't fight against it, because it would only make me feel worse.

I didn't really date much, actually at 16 I didn't date at all. And you know what? I really didn't mind it. I had a better time just being with my girlfriends who liked me for me. Made me feel good. My girlfriends who did date, well, most times they would spend crying on my shoulder because their boyfriends did something to hurt them, like sneak and date another girl. So I really didn't mind not dating at 16, I didn't think I was missing too much, because my girlfriends cried more times than they were happy. Honest.

Don't worry about the boys and if they like you or not. Go out, do things you like to do. Have fun!! Doing things that you are comfortable doing, that make you happy, will take away some of that shyness.

As far as how you think you look, I bet all of your friends have a I don't feel my best today.. day, we all have days like that. Be happy inside and proud of who you are and that beauty will shine brightly on the outside.

Keep a smile on your face and go out and have FUN!! :) and if there are days you are down, you have your friends and US, so please come back. Okay?

My very best to you,
    Allheart
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2006, 02:33 PM
    "why doesnt anyone like me?"

Do you like yourself?

People are apt to treat us like we treat yourself. They say in order to have good friends, you have to be a good friend. Just a place to start making things better for yourself.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2006, 07:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lostgirl
    i really would like to know him but i can't help thinking that he wont like the way i look,
    Maybe he will, maybe he won't but the reality is it has got to be you inside. In other words if you approach him with all this self doubt then you've got not chance. You've got to see yourself more than what you look like.

i feel really depressed and i always make excuses up like 'he wont like me im fat' i dont like saying things like that but i think its true
    Well let's examine this. Are you one of these 90 pound girls that look like skeletons(ie Hillary Duff or that Olson twin) that still think their fat? If you are then let me clue you in. Guys think that looks nasty. Down right digusting. It's gross. That's problem that requires medical attention if so.

If you're a heavier person and if it bothers you change it. Get a gym membership or if your school has one use it and start exercising. Learn about nutrition and apply it to your life.

All that being said it's your attitude going in that I see as your biggest problem. You seem to have given up before the fight so to speak. If you've got a positive outgoing personality that is appealing. If you got a "woe as me" attitude and look like Angelina Jolie that is depressing and not attractive.

Approach him about watching a movie or playing mini golf or just hanging out. Take it slow and see where it goes.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 10, 2006, 12:51 AM
    To have healthy relationships one must be healthy in mind, body, soul, and spirit. You will attract those that are like you, so its up to you to make a choice, about YOU.
    emma154 Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Dec 10, 2006, 09:09 AM
    Im 16 now and ive got to the point where i want a relationship,
    but ive never had any interests,
    i feel its my fault that i dont get out enough to look for guys,
    most just become my friends :) ,
    i like a certain guy but i am really shy about talking to him, he works with one of my friends.

i really would like to know him but i can't help thinking that he wont like the way i look,
    i always feel that guys judge me,
    i feel really depressed and i always make excuses up like 'he wont like me im fat' i dont like saying things like that but i think its true

please help me find my feet :confused:
    I used to feel exactly the same. I thought I would never find anyone. The best advice I can give you is just live life to the full. Life is what you make it. This lad may like you but may find you unaprociable as you arnt confident with yourself. When you see him let yourself think I'm gorgeous and lovley and talk to him men love to talk about there interests. Be smiley and happy and he will enjoy been around you. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

He Just doesn't Get It [ 43 Answers ]

I dated this guy back in the day. I really liked him and then he acted like a jerk to me. He broke up with me to go out with some girl he had been trying to get with for a while. Well everyonce in awhile he calls here to find out how Im doing. He keeps bringing up taking me out to dinner, and...

My boyfriend doesn't want to have sex with me... [ 21 Answers ]

So here is the deal... I'm 24 years old... my boyfriend and I have been together for almost 2 years... he is my first real boyfriend and he was also the first person I ever had sex with... it used to be great, really amazing but for a couple of months now we have been barely having sex at all......

Does he or doesn't he? [ 66 Answers ]

About 6 months ago my fiancée, told me he fancied a friend of ours - I took it very much to heart, he promised nothing nothing every happened he said he told me because he wanted to be totally honest with me. So I've accepted that and moved on and I also learnt to respect his honesty. Anyway.. 2...

What if she doesn't contact you? [ 5 Answers ]

Hypothetical question that sprung to mind: You've broken up/ on a break with your girlfriend. You do the whole 2 months of no contact... but she doesn't contact you either. Is it worth it to even bother sending her a message after 2 months on how she's doing, or is it just a waste of your time?

Computer doesn't start :( [ 11 Answers ]

I have a P4 3.0 HT with an ASUS P4S800 motherboard. I moved to another city last week and brought my desktop along. Now its just not working. When I press the power button the CPU fan runs but there are no beeps or anything and the system just doesn't boot up. On the screen its written "No...

View more questions Search