Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ez_h2o Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2010, 05:12 PM
    What will happen to me if I violate felony probation in Texas for drug possession
    So I had a 2nd degree possession of a controlled substance felony four years ago. I chose deferred adjudication with inpatient treatment. About one and a half years later I violated for positive drug tests. My probation was revoked, and I had to go before the judge. He restarted my probation from day one and resentenced me to 8 years in prison, probated for 5 years, if I could complete another inpatient treatment, which I did. I have een out of inpatient for a year and have now failed a breathalyzer twice, and have had an attempt to revoke probation filed. I was arrested with a warrant and held with no bond, but my lawyer still got me out in 3 days. I now have to go to court in 2 weeks. Am I going to prison to serve my full sentence? Does anybody have any knowledge or advice about this?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2010, 06:14 AM

Hello ez:

Texas ain't the best place to be dealing substance abuse. But, this isn't like you robbed a bank or something... They ought to just give you a couple months in the slam and reinstate your probation.

Hopefully, they won't throw you away for drinking...

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2010, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ez_h2o View Post
    So I had a 2nd degree possession of a controlled substance felony four years ago. I chose deferred adjudication with inpatient treatment. About one and a half years later I violated for positive drug tests. My probation was revoked, and I had to go before the judge. He restarted my probation from day one and resentenced me to 8 years in prison, probated for 5 years, if I could complete another inpatient treatment, which I did. I have een out of inpatient for a year and have now failed a breathalyzer twice, and have had an attempt to revoke probation filed. I was arrested with a warrant and held with no bond, but my lawyer still got me out in 3 days. I now have to go to court in 2 weeks. Am I going to prison to serve my full sentence? Does anybody have any knowledge or advice about this?
    You were initially convicted of a 2nd degree felony. The judge re-did your probation and gave you 8 years in prison but opted for the probation for 5 years and the inpatient treatment. Seems like the next time you're in front of this same Judge, he's going to be reading your file more carefully in that he DID sentence you to 8 years in prison. More than likely you'll do the 8 years. Forget about any more probation as you can't seem to pay attention to the rules of probation and he's not going to waste his time and your time with more probation. Pack your stuff and get ready to stay for awhile at the Hotel GrayBars.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony probation felony violation-what will happen? [ 15 Answers ]

I have a godson whose mother is a convicted felon for forgery/writing checks, and is on felony probation, she was recently arrested, they had a bench warrant out for her arrest. She went to court, plead guilty, and went to court this morning to see what the charges were, they consisted of: usage of...

What happens if you violate felony probation? [ 9 Answers ]

I really really would appreciate your help on this matter! My father was arrested about a year ago for possession of drugs but the judge sentenced him to probation. He attended all his classes and gave drug tests that were all required in his probation. He has hep C and he became so ill he left...

What happens when you violate felony probation with a misdemeanor? [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend was into about 6 months of felony probation and his P.O. was really pleased with how he was doing, he then was pulled over for going 5 mph over the speed limit... and they searched him and his car because he told them he was on probation. So he had his friend with him and they searched...

Violation of probation on a felony drug charge.what will happen? [ 6 Answers ]

In July of last year my boyfriend of 3.5 years got caught with cocaine and spent 56 days in jail. He was sentenced to 5 years probation and fines. This past Thursday he and I got into an argument, alcohol was a factor for him, and the police came and arrested him for a domestic violence charge as...

What will happen if you violate a felony probation with a misdemeanor? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend got a felony for grand theft and they gave him probation. He violated with a misdemeanor for stealing some video games from target which he was going to pawn for money. What is going to happen to him when he goes to court? The grand theft was his first offense.

View more questions Search