Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bas86 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2010, 04:41 PM
    Birthday
    It is along story, My Birthday is today, I have many friends that I really care for them. I have arranged party for my best friend because I do care to join me my special day!

OK I reserved a 2 tables for them in a 5 stars restaurant, because I felt that they deserve it to be treated very well in my birthday.

My guests was my ex colleagues (three girls that I handled them every thing that I have before I leave to my new position in another property, BTW they are still calling me regarding every complicated issue till now! Those three girls that I support and gave them all I have, and I treated them like sisters) and my best friend.

I have arranged every thing just to be perfect for all of them, and just now I returned from the worst birthday party I ever had.

I found out that the only one who showed in my party is my best friend and two ex colleagues and three current colleagues!! Which means six out of 25 expected guests!!

Why? I tried to call the girls many times one of them is sick and that is true and one of them is not allowed to go out which I could understand, but the third that I really cares for did not show up!! She is not answering the phone I believe that she was with one of my friends (he is invited also) so I tried to call him but he is not answering.. I thought that they are making a BIG surprise for me which was true... I was really upset because it is there is no body showed up from them and no body is answering his phone my friends at my party tried to make it up for me but I was really upset because you know it is my birthday and it is not a way to say I am not coming by not answering your phones!

So after three hours six of them showed up with milla (the girl I really cares for) and I found out that they made a birthday party for one of my ex colleagues just near our restaurant and they apologized for me but I could not believe what they did for me! They brought a gift for me but I refused to take it, them the fighter just came and sat just next to our table (an ex friend but he is only there to make troubles) and he was with those six next door. And he start drinking and shouting on me, I don't want to make any fights in my day! Then they took him away and I ased them to leave..

It was my worst birthday and I found out that I don't have real friends except one,, how lonely I am!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 1, 2010, 04:49 PM

Why, getting too old
    KyleS28 Posts: 80, Reputation: 4

Jun 1, 2010, 05:34 PM

Pretty simple. You reserved your birthday at a 5 star restaurant. Everyone hates going to expensive dinners for someone else's birthday. Learn your lesson and have a house party next time. People will show up if its affordable and social. If its expensive and all about you no one wants to go.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 1, 2010, 06:08 PM

You sure do expect a lot of your friends.

When was this party planned? Did they all say for sure that they were going to come, or did you just assume they would because it's your birthday?

Obviously they had other plans, but they still made time to show up for your party, and instead of being happy that they made it, even though they were late, you were rude, refused to accept a present they took the time to pick out and pay for.

As for the rest of your guests, instead of being happy that they showed up, you moped and whined about those that didn't come.

If I was one of your guests, I'd be making plans not to attend your next party. Sounds like you're a bit too high maintenance.

Jun 1, 2010, 11:56 PM

I planned it one week ago and I called all of them 2 days ago and yesterday,, and they informed me that they are coming...

I informed everyone that it will be in my account, and if you were in my place you will get upset because no body is answering his phone even just to tell me that they are not coming!!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 2, 2010, 07:41 AM

I think you take this as a lesson learned about who are your good friends, and who are just associates, or acquaintances.

Jun 2, 2010, 01:28 PM

Thank you all for your help.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 2, 2010, 03:56 PM

Sorry your "friends" chose to be so rude. Now you know who to invite the next time you have a party.
    Happy Birthday!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Its my EXs Birthday! [ 40 Answers ]

Ok, I´m sure you guys are bored of answering this question, but I´m having a conflict here. I have been on NC for some months now, doing really well lately, not answering her emails, etc... I almost thought I was over her... but then... tomorrow is her birthday... and I´m feeling weird again. WHy??...

What do I get him for his birthday? [ 4 Answers ]

So I really like this guy & we've talked on the phone a few times & I know he likes me too & he told me his birthday was coming up soon & I don't know what to get him because we've only been talking for like a few weeks so what do you get a guy you like but know for so little for his birthday Keep...

Birthday ! [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone tell me what is birthday dress??

What Do I get for his birthday? [ 4 Answers ]

Wondering what to get my guy for his birthday. They are so hard to buy for. We are a day apart on birthdays. Got him cigars, he likes those. Not sure what else though> Help?!

My Birthday Wish [ 7 Answers ]

Yesterday I had a birthday party and I invited all my friends, but two of them told me they could not make it. My best friend in the whole world told me she would come, but she did not. The bad thing is she had her mom call and tell me they would not get to come. They had a christmas play to go to...

View more questions Search