Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pembertongirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2010, 03:37 PM
    Misuse of Power of Attorney in N.Y
    My Father made my cousin his P.O.A when his wife was put into a Nursing home. He was under emotional stress and I found out 2 yrs. Later and my cousin say's they tried to find me, but that would'nt have been hard. She has put him in Assisted Living, sold his home and now will not allow me to take him out with me to visit. How do I prove she is misusing her P.O.A and revove it? I am in N.Y.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 1, 2010, 03:41 PM

POA is not guardianship, a POA can not stop anyone from taking the person who gave them the POA anywhere. A resident in a assisted living may just check thierself out to visit if they want.

Also your father can merely cancell the POA anytime they want.
    The POA can not make the person do anything they don't want to

Your father merely writes a statemet that the POA is ended and sends it to the person, give a copy to the assited living facility

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Challenge misuse power of attorney Ontario Canada [ 5 Answers ]

Aloha I live in Hawaii, my Mom and sister live in St.Catharines Ontario. I have always had an excellent relationship with my mother. She came to visit with her life partner Tony (together and happy for 10 yrs) for 5 weeks Jan 08. At that time she gave me a copy of her will in which I was made...

Power of attorney [ 3 Answers ]

How do I get a power of attorney and if I get one does it allow me to execute a quit claim deed ton transfer title of my sick father's home that I am presently taking care of?

Power of attorney [ 3 Answers ]

Can you get a power of attorney for a person than can no longer write or comprehend what you are asking? The person is terminally ill, in hospice.

Power of attorney [ 4 Answers ]

A friend, recently incarcerated in PA, was told by her mother that her grandmother left her a sizable inheritance (granny lived in NY). The mother now wants my friend to sign over power of attorney to her. While reading up trying to help my friend decide what to do (she is getting some negative...

View more questions Search